Question about rear bumper MX-3 [foto]

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
KosteK

Question about rear bumper MX-3 [foto]

Post by KosteK »

Hello,
This is my first post in here. My name is Matthew I'm from Poland. I have Mazda 323 C and I'm member of polish Mazda Club - Mazdaspeed (please visit our website http://www.mazdaspeed.pl ).
I've question about custom rear bumper designed to MX-3 (from photo) Image

My friend wanted to buy identical bumper but he couldn't find it.
Please could you tell me where can he buy this bumper (in U.S. ofcourse)?
Who is manufacturer of this bumper?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Greetings
KosteK
c_9000

SCORPION REAR BUMPER

Post by c_9000 »

hi there and welcome to the website...i to am a new member too and im glad to be able to help u out...that rear bumber u are looking for is the SCORPION REAR BUMPER. You can buy that bumper from http://www.pakfeifertuning.com ...I have heard nothing but good things about that site
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Welcome to the UBB to both of you. :)
Image -Jim
freedom

Post by freedom »

i i wanted a similar bumper also, but couldnt find one, and when i did, the import tax and shipping was huge, so i found an alternative http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-MX3-STREET- ... dZViewItem
very simlilar look, personally i prefer it, well, when i finished altering it slightly. lol. and its very reasonable price
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

that car is from toronto. ist being parted out his username is Blue Bullet maybe he can sell you teh bumper if you want it badly. I personally don't like it. But thats a really nice car too.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
KosteK

Post by KosteK »

BTW your car John :), he wants this bumper to his MX3 KLZE ;)
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Holy that MX3 looks bad a--
I actually like it and I'm no fan of altezla lights and bodykits

Whoevers car that is, nice job
I love the color
Any more pics of that bad boy?

[EDITED... WATCH THE LANGAUGE]
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
illapino

Post by illapino »

and just to think. the man behind that blue car dumped thousands of dollars into the interior and exterior only to PART IT OUT !!?? ... ive lost all respect

put a second thought on splurging on Cidia ... how much longer do u really want her
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
KosteK

Post by KosteK »

freedom wrote:i i wanted a similar bumper also, but couldnt find one, and when i did, the import tax and shipping was huge, so i found an alternative http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-MX3-STREET- ... dZViewItem
very simlilar look, personally i prefer it, well, when i finished altering it slightly. lol. and its very reasonable price
Also really nice looking bumper. I'm very interested how it will look installed on MX3. Please if have any pictures of MX3 with this bumper place in here.
Thanks.
freedom

Post by freedom »

the car wont be finished for a while but will post pics when its done.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

illapino wrote:and just to think. the man behind that blue car dumped thousands of dollars into the interior and exterior only to PART IT OUT !!?? ... ive lost all respect

put a second thought on splurging on Cidia ... how much longer do u really want her
That's relative to any older car. He evn had a ZE in it and I think it blew or something, something happened to the motor either way, so he gave up and decided to part it out. It depends tho, i think it was more of a show car, so I'm sure it's pretty discouraging to dump repair money into a car that barely see's the road.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

illapino wrote:and just to think. the man behind that blue car dumped thousands of dollars into the interior and exterior only to PART IT OUT !!?? ... ive lost all respect

without knowing the whole story that seems like a bit of a snap judgement. And here's the thing, unless you find precisely the right buyer, it's hard to sell a car like that for anything close to what you put into it. It's easier to get some of those thousands back by parting out the car. Sad really, it's got to be hard to tear apart 'your baby' and sell it piecemeal.. but if it's just not practical to repair it, then there's not too many practical choices other than parting it out.

As far as splurging goes.. With the exception of restoring rare and collector cars, by and large anyone who puts a bunch of $ into a car with the thought of it being an investment is deluding themselves. Even in the case of classic cars, the labor, etc put into restoration can rarely be recouped on sale of the car.. With something made in the last 20-25 years or so, you do the work because you love the ride, you do it for YOU, and your personal satisfaction, and making it the ride you want it to be.

Sure there might come a time when MX's become some kind of collector car, but you can be assured that when that happens, people will want STOCK cars, not custom/modded/pimped/blinged etc stuff
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
illapino

Post by illapino »

that's the problem with the precidia: it's not perceived as any sort of special car. Despite being known as the smallest displacement V6, and despite getting more looks than typical family cars, i feel this vibe that people reject its body styling. in the import world especially, it didn't garner much lasting fame (given that the import world is ruled by asians) ... mazda rx7, toyota supra, nissan silvia's, honda civic: these are imports that made a dramatic impact (no matter how much the latter is worshipped constantly baffles me)

so feel my uneasiness in dumping money into my mx-3 ... when i could be saving up for a supra, skyline, or sc400 ... the precidia is not a big name in imports at all ... ...

:(
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Sorry I can't contribute much on the rear bumper, just wanted to pose thoughts on other comments.
Hmm.. I had a Civic in Victoria, a light blue 89 hatchback DX. 1.5L sohc 4 banger making 92 hp on a 2000 lb chasis. I liked it cause it didn't stand out, which was useful for as much stupid driving I did (pizza delivery). Believe me, weaving in and out of traffic when there are vehicles parked in the right lane is interesting (go Victoria).
Anyway, when I came back to the Cranbrook area, with all my belongings in the car, my bed on top, and my bike lashed to part of the bed frame sticking out between the mattresses from under the tarp, I caught up with some old aquaintances.
The one girl, who became my girlfriend (and probable future wife), had the car I drive now, and to be honest, I really wasn't impressed with the difference in performance.
For some reason, I really didn't feel the MX-3 was that much quicker at first, and I didn't like the handling, but that was a misperception.
I'd learned to drive my Civic making corrections in my driving to hide terribly decrepit, worn out suspension. Once I got the hang of how the MX-3's suspension handled, I found it more than adequate for spirited driving.
The acceleration... Well, I was going uphill when I tested that.. A rather steep hill actually, and I wasn't considering the 400 lbs difference in weight between the 2 cars. Nor was I considering that there was only a real difference in displacement of 300 cc. The lack of traction in the snow at the time could have also been a contributing factor to my displeasure at the MX-3s performance. I know head to head, that the MX-3 is far superior in all performance categories to my old civic. With an engine upgrade, I'd feel comfortable against any new civics as well. It's a good car for its age, in my opinion.
I myself was not particularly fond of the appearance of the car myself either. The mechanics at work were constantly jostling me about driving a girl car. Then again, they were downtalking the new Mustang so much I almost felt ashamed for test driving one last year, and those are enjoyable cars.
With a little modification and personalization, the MX looks quite nice. My biggest annoyances with it are the dopey looking headlights, but with the right front bumper, they become less dopey and set off an aggresive, sporty and fun little coupe. Send me some paint too.
Cody
freedom

Post by freedom »

fitted up the rear bumper today and only required some modding to the monting brackets to fit. also had to modify it too fit a tow bar aswell, but i know this would apply. ill post pics if u want. looks really nice

Return to “Appearance”