Muffler Tips

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Fountainz

Muffler Tips

Post by Fountainz »

Hey guys, I'm going to be getting a custom muffler made soon for my mx-3. and i don't know what style tip to go for. whether it look like stock or something else. Could you please make some suggestions with pictures if possible to help me decide what i want. Thanks.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

It's all a matter of personal taste. Are you going for a single tip or splitting into two?
Dual exhaust looks nicer when it's real but in my opinion, faking it is just extra weight and added (nominally) restriction in the system.
I'd go with a single output, without going too big. Going too big generally puts you in the 'rice' category in most people's books unless you have a purpose for having large diameter pipes. The case being that I doubt you have a turbo, and I doubt your entire exhaust system is greater in diameter than 2-1/2", I'd look at a tip around that size. You don't want to put a bottle neck on your system, and a tip bigger than your piping is fine, but don't go overboard.
Maybe think about an oval design, with a slanted cut off?
That's my 2 cents.
Cody
superman_t11

Post by superman_t11 »

Use a JDM muffler thats what I use and you would not believe the difference. Unless you can get away with welding a resignator on.(Cherry Bomb) I had that for 6 months before i got pulled over. ITS REALLY LOUD! But yeah a carbon JDM muffler. CHeck out ebay for cheap mufflers.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I am also looking for some muffler tips.

Maybe something like porsche cayenne look.

When I search on ebay, what key words could I use??

Most things I find are complete mufflers, like the JDM. That's not what I am looking for, need just the tip.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

[url]http://www.gibsonperformance.com/tips.asp[/url]

they've got some nice simple tips... don't get one too long, I went to autozone and picked me up a temporary tip when I installed my flowmaster, and it's one heckuva snouzer on the back. I don't like it, but I keep on forgetting to buy one that's a correct size.
measure from your muffler and try and keep it flush with your bumper, then look for a tip that's those dimensions. that'll look the best, nice and clean.
Anything will work that's the diameter of your exhaust piping. just look up exhaust tips, or muffler tips on google and find a brand you like, then look for the brand.

If you're an oddball that likes to put lights on your car in odd places, they have LED tips if that suits your fancy. I suppose they have their place... just not on my car :?
superman_t11

Tips

Post by superman_t11 »

chek out nopi.com they have a bunch for mx-3 for a good price

Return to “Appearance”