initial D

Off-Topic Discussions
Boris

initial D

Post by Boris »

Anyone seen these cartoons? I've heard about them, and they sound pretty sweet. Just wanted to get some people's opinions before I buy a dvd.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

if your into the whole japanese art stuff, then yeah... and also make sure you dont mind sub titles!!!!!
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

I have the entire series, pretty awsome stuff. It's kinda lame in the begining bacause there are storylines and 'romances' and typical big eyed dorky anime junk, but they eventually start to drop all that and focus more on the racing. The animation and music of the last season (stage 4) was incredible. You should probably start in the later seasons briefly to see if you like it, then go back to the begining to get the whole back story (which is sort of important).
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mr1in6billion wrote:I have the entire series, pretty awsome stuff. It's kinda lame in the begining bacause there are storylines and 'romances' and typical big eyed dorky anime junk, but they eventually start to drop all that and focus more on the racing. The animation and music of the last season (stage 4) was incredible. You should probably start in the later seasons briefly to see if you like it, then go back to the begining to get the whole back story (which is sort of important).
Ya, I have it as well. I have the box set of Stage 1-3 and downloaded the Live-Evil subs of Stage 4 and burnt them to DVD. Currently the g/f has them 8) It's hard to say, I wouldn't recommend starting on the 4th stage because you'll miss all the story behind it, but 4th stage does look the best (amazing). Plus, if you get a taste of 4th stage and go back to the first, you'll be disapointed and may be discouraged because of the primitive CGi graphics.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

it kick a$$ sweet lol i got addicted and ended up watching it like 4 hours a night.. :shock:
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

watched few episodes, they're alright
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
e2blade

Post by e2blade »

Yep

I own the mangas

dvd's

and pwn the arcade game

:)

by teh way

any 1 play

IDAS3 ?
zCat

Post by zCat »

e2blade wrote:Yep

I own the mangas

dvd's

and pwn the arcade game

:)

by teh way

any 1 play

IDAS3 ?
Haha, pwn at the arcade game. That's a bold statement. ^_^
Also, original poster, if you do buy Initial D, please please PLEASE do not become a "OMG I am gonna go TOUGE RACE!" (which is pronounced "toe-gay" to prevent some heartache on your part ^_^) because a lot of times, believe it or not, T.V. does not reflect real life.
I know, hard to grasp.
I am not meaning to ignite a "Street racing is right/wrong" argument. I personally feel that people are gonna do what they gotta do, just please, be safe if you insist on trying to become some downhill drift superstar.
But yea, ID is pretty sweet.

Return to “Off-Topic”