Issues with my car

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
papa roached

Issues with my car

Post by papa roached »

This is pretty bad if i cant figure something out and gotta ask on here. My car is running like its only got 5 cyls. A few weeks ago the wire to my - for my internal coil broke so i ghettoed it to work and it ran like crap so i figured it wasnt getting enough power so i go to a external msd coil and its still doing the same thing, all the plugs are fine and clean but this is driving me up the wall and i cant figure it out, maybe someone on here has an idea that i havnt covered yet
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

buy new parts
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

The plugs might all be clean, but did you do a spark test? do that and if they're all sparking then it could be fuel related? If one or two isn't sparking then you can trace your problem back along the ignition side of things (ignition wires, disti, cap/rotor, so on and so on...)

Not sure..sounds like a strange problem.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

also when getting on it between 6000-6500 RPM is just stops pulling totally but will free rev to the limiter
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

same thing happened tro me awiel back it ran liek it was on 5 cylinders. so i ran the motor and one by one pulled the plug wire out and put it back in. and the one that i pulled out that did not make the motor run wworse was the cylinder that was the prob. Turned out to be bad injector..pulled the plug and it was completly dry .

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

might have to check that

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If it all started with the coil issue then I start by chekcing spark as mentioned above. Then move to fuel. See if it squirts out the hose Before it enters the fuel rail. Just a blip or two of the key to the ON position should squirt some gas. Then test the injector Ohms to make sure the electronics inside them are working. If that is fine then put the hose back on, pull one plug and turn the car over. If you smell gas go to the next cylinder and pull the plug and so on. Pulling the spark plug is not a bad idea, but unless you are getting No fuel it might not tell you anything. Smelling will only tell you if there is fuel present, not if you are getting the right amount (too little or too much, you won't know). Next I'd check the timing just for good measure and it is simple. Then OHM out the air flow meter (MAF). Then if all else has tested ok, pull the injectors and have them bench flow tested. It is the only Real way to see if they are operating properly. If that is ok, then you need to start looking at electrical which is a pain. Start with the disty. You'll need a elec. meter that can read sign waves and know how to use the tester and how to read the output. Good luck there, I've not figured that out completely. You'll be testing for the cam sensor. Also, test the output of your coil. Should be directions based on the coil manufacturer's recommendations and specs.
Specs and directions for testing are all in the shop manual. Except the sign wave instructions and coil of course.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

well, the coil CANT be bad, ran it on a OEM mustang coil AND now its got a new MSD blaster 2 on it, cant be that

Vanished

Post by Vanished »

have you checked ANYTHING yet?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i will check it when i have time, im sorry that i work nights and when i get home its dark and cold and when i wake up i dont have the time before i go back to work

Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

How far apart did you take the disty?

The triangular piece has a nub that MUST align with the hole on the CAS
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

How far apart did you take the disty?

The triangular piece has a nub that MUST align with the hole on the CAS
You know.. I was kinda wondering if it might have something to do with that crank position sensor inside the disty.. but since I havent taken one apart completely.. I wouldnt know how to describe what to look for LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

sorry i got a bit snappy earlier, just woke up in a bad mood

i have only had the cap off

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”