carbon fiber project!!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
momomx3v6

carbon fiber project!!!

Post by momomx3v6 »

soon
the middlepart of the rear bumper
the roof
the 1,6 spoiler
and much more!
wil be come carbon fiber

update my cardomain page!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/512956
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Neat looking, but I cannot tell what most of those parts are...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
momomx3v6

Post by momomx3v6 »

PATDIESEL wrote:Neat looking, but I cannot tell what most of those parts are...
the first 3 pictures are the middle part of the frontbumper
th 4th is the rear strutbar
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

good luck
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

where doesone buy that carbon fiber ? the fiber itself.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

OMG, is that really a question Hector? E-Bay or most anywhere on the internet. It is very expensive and hard to source a large piece. You'll mostly get cuts ends and it is pretty hard to make a decorative piece without 400 dollars in special equipment.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ooh haha im sorry i have never ever worked with it and i guess not as easy as fiberglass lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
illapino

Post by illapino »

i wouldn't mind some carbon fiber side mirrors for the mx3
like APR Formula GT3s ...
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

actually most fiberglass supply stores can order carbon fiber sheets in and it not really any more expensitve then fiberglass mat you just need to get a poly-resin for it you can set it the same way you do fiber glass or you can do vacucm baging for it all you need is a large clear bag and a shop vac to get the same effect as the 400 equipment

just take a bit more time and effort to do
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
Cy

Post by Cy »

reaper of souls wrote:actually most fiberglass supply stores can order carbon fiber sheets in and it not really any more expensitve then fiberglass mat you just need to get a poly-resin for it you can set it the same way you do fiber glass or you can do vacucm baging for it all you need is a large clear bag and a shop vac to get the same effect as the 400 equipment

just take a bit more time and effort to do
An Artist can make do with the tools at his dissposal...
The rest of us would have to shell out the 400 bux...

I've done vaccume bagging... IT SUCKS the first and probably second time around.. which with carbon fibre would cost about $140...

Make some stuff outa El'Cheapo Crappy tire Fiberglass matt and Poly-Resin... then work with the tightly woven goodness of CF
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

yes you could use crapy canadain tire fiberglass mat but you have to remember if your going to use crappy product your goning to end up with a crapy product no matter what what you cover it in !

it's better to do things right the first time and not have to do it over again at least don't use the canadain tire poly resin it's crap and has been sitting longer than it has been on the shelf it's just no good to work with pay the little extra for the good resin

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
illapino

Post by illapino »

hey, how easy is it to cut carbon fiber anyway? because APR sells universal side mirrors where the user justs trims the 'baseplate' of the mirror to the size of his stock one, but i'm thinking now that this would need more precise tools than scissors... ?
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
momomx3v6

Post by momomx3v6 »

carbon cover for the yellowtop

1,6 rear spoiler

PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Man you are going CF crazy on everyhting. I should come up and slip a few things in your "to CF" pile and then steal them back when you are done....
Are you vaccum bagging all that. The resin looks great.
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

reaper of souls wrote:yes you could use crapy canadain tire fiberglass mat but you have to remember if your going to use crappy product your goning to end up with a crapy product no matter what what you cover it in !

it's better to do things right the first time and not have to do it over again at least don't use the canadain tire poly resin it's crap and has been sitting longer than it has been on the shelf it's just no good to work with pay the little extra for the good resin
Actually I think he was simply suggesting people PRACTICE with the cheap fiberglass, and poly resin.. then after getting a hand on working with the generall type of materials (fibre matting & resin I vac bagging) before moving on to working with the real stuff
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT

Return to “Appearance”