Clear Headlight Lense Covers

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sam Baker

Clear Headlight Lense Covers

Post by Sam Baker »

Hey everyone talks about having clear headlight lenses, instead of the stock covers that eventually fog over. I was wondering.. does anybody know where i can find some? thanx
~ sam :D
92 Autozam AZ3
gerro82

Re: Clear Headlight Lense Covers

Post by gerro82 »

I was wondering the same thing...
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I dont belive they are manufactured any longer. Check ebay every now and then. They dont replace the stock lens cover, they just kind of snap on top of them. If your stock lens are foggy you can clean them inside and out, which will make them look brand spankin' new. People like the clear covers because you can paint them without worrying about ruining your headlights.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

ha thanx man.. yea i'll take em off and take the Mothers cleaning stuff to em! :D cant wait! thanks for the repliez<p>~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
honeybabes

Post by honeybabes »

You can try Meguiars Plastix cleaner too. I should say it works better than mothers to me. But its up to you.
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

How do U Clean the inside of them?
honeybabes

Post by honeybabes »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eggo:
How do U Clean the inside of them?<hr></blockquote><p>Here's one link this was posted by Slickismax:<p>http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=339295&page=2 <p>that will guide you on how to take the lense off. In my case I just used hair dryer and took me about 4 hours to finish the job. So i suggest you do what slick did with a heat gun. I heard you can put heat it in Oven too but you have to watch it....i tried that on my altezza's and almost melt one of the red caps... also his idea of using spreader to pry the lense i believe is better than using flat screwdriver(what i used) because our headlight housing are quite old and easy to break. I chipped some few parts on my housing because of using that. But you do whatever is easy for you.<p>hope this helps
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I put mine in the oven for about 2 minutes on 250 degrees. Doesnt damage the light at all and it works perfectly. Took me about 2 hours but thats just because i was taking my time and watching a movie.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

Well if you really want glass lenses on your car, it should be possible to get som from europe.
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

yea i hear that the different models (such as european and japanese) have different things in their cars.. like those wierd headlights and taillights that are somehow cooler than american ones! anywayz what happens if we scratch the cheap plastic lenses? or warp them? (hehe) does anybody know where to get replacements, or are they just out of production? thanx
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

to put the lights back together, i just reheat them and put them together?

or should i use new sealant or both heat and new sealant?

thanks
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you mess up the light Mazda gets about 250 for one last I checked. More easily gotten from a junker, but still expensive and then you have to start the cleaning over again.
I use the Meguires stuff over other brands too. A Dremel on a lower speed with a buffing pad works well and saves time.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
freedom

Post by freedom »

im confused because my headlights and tail lights look the same to yours
apparently we get glass ones, but they still seem foggy to me??
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I'm confused as to why a 3+ year old thread about this was resurrected ;) LOL :lol:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
illapino

Post by illapino »

i'm confused as to why this resurrection has given me an erection

:lol:
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine

Return to “Appearance”