annoying seatbelt sensor

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
RayRay

annoying seatbelt sensor

Post by RayRay »

my seat belt sensor goes buckwild half the time i'm in my car. like, i'm driving WITH THE SEATBELT PROPERLY BUCKLED and when i move around in my seat the sensor goes off and blinks and makes that annoying noise. anyone else got this problem?
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
Nottahonda

Re: annoying seatbelt sensor

Post by Nottahonda »

Mine does as well. Just when I move in one particular place though. Sucks. Hey have you had your automatic seatbelt retractors fixed yet? I had to. Mine froze up on the driver's side. It's on recall tho so it's free. :D
Casey Guthrie
[email]goesfast@theraces.com" target="_blank[/email]
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Mine does that as well on my GS, I will take it apart sometime to fix it.
kidkai

Post by kidkai »

Damn...mine does that as well. Is there an expiration date to get the seat repaired? Like, take for example, I come in next year, will they accept my recall? Or, will they say that I can't get it repaired any longer? If I do get it repaired....there goes my techno driving beats....j/k
'92 Mazda RS
Nottahonda

Post by Nottahonda »

It's not actually the seatbelt sensor that is on recall. It's the cable/chain that brings your seatbelt back over your shoulder. So you can't get the beeping "techno beats" fixed for free unless you find a really STUPID Mazda service center. hehehe
Casey Guthrie
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

i already had the seatbelt recall fixed. i'm thinking of taking apart the damn thing and trying to figure it out. barry, if you can figure it out, don't hesitate to let us know.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
locutus79

Post by locutus79 »

I researched this before because like all auto seatbelts that damn beeping is annoying. I found a diagram of the wiring and how to shut it off permanently. It's somewhere in between the seats i think. The diagram was on MX-3.com I think or one of the other big sites. Hopefully this helps :cool:
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

can you tell us how it can be done? a scan of the pic or anything??
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

Mine does the same thing. It started about a week after I got it. Damn thing is so annoying!
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
longisland55

Post by longisland55 »

my automatic seat belt retractors are frozen. but i don't have any annoying beeping? is it bad? or too good to be true?.. do you think i'm still on time to go to the dealer and claim the recall???
Nottahonda

Post by Nottahonda »

longisland, do you mean that the seatbelts don't go forward or backward? If so then yeah, you can go in and get them fixed for free. They have to honor recalls no matter how long it takes you to bring it in. ESPECIALLY ones concerning the active restraint system!!!
Casey Guthrie
locutus79

Post by locutus79 »

Here is the page on MX-3.com with the tech stuff to fix that annoying beeping. <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/tech/seatbelt-module.cfm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/tech/seatbelt-module.cfm</A> :cool:
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

what do you guys think about that seatbelt "fix"? i'm thinking about doing it.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
AustinPM1

Post by AustinPM1 »

I love this site/board!<P><<I would take the car to the dealer and tell them you are having problems with the passive restraint system, and that there is a recall to have this system including I would assume the little control box checked out completely. >><P>Is there really a recall on this system or are we just hoping the dealer will go along with that?? if there is a recall, where can i find an official document from mazda so that i can at least have a piece of paper showing that?<P>Thanks in advance...<BR>AustinPM1
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

Ok guys,<P>This is a really simple fix and I've done it a couple of times on different mx-3s. it is such a simple fix that you can do it too. <P>I assume that it beeps for no reason when you drive and it goes away and comes back and you can never get it to do it if you try by pulling on the belt. which ever way it is very annoying.<P>the problem is in the seatbelt roller thingy in the center armrest. remove that center piece and then you will see the two rollers. the plastic pieces come off at the back where two little wires go into. Be VERY careful getting this piece off DO NOT break it. once off, pull out the board and you will see the problem, it has some dirt on it and is worn. clean off the dirt with paper towel. once clean, the piece left in there, springy thing, needs to be rotated slightly to move the beep to a different position while driving. clean the little contact knobs on it too. put board back in, put cap back on and test to see if the beep is in your regular driving position. if it is still there rotate the springy thing more or the other way. if it is gone you are done, put the center piece back.<P>hope this helps some people. I have the procedure with pics on my upcoming website, soon to be live.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”