idle adjustment

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3KEV21

idle adjustment

Post by MX3KEV21 »

i turned the idle adjustment screw to lower the idling tjey still stuck at 1200rpm but the car now doesnt feel as fast at accelerating and cant get it back to the factory setting please help
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

This is the procedure i do...

With car off completely close idle screw/ open it 3 turns. Ground TEN and GND then turnn car on, adjust idle to a bit below 1000 rpms. IF it stays idled high it means your throttle cable needs to be adjusted. I had this problem since i installed the ze.. stupid me didnt realize the throttle cable was not adjusted properly..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

haha hec, usually if you cant get the idle to drop down, you have a fualt somewere. usually just a simple vacuum leak thats were id start.
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Hector is right, that is how you properly adjust the idle. That is where I would start since it is alot easier than hunting a bad vaccum line. Make sure the throttle body is clean and the throttle plate is clean too. Dirt messes up the closed position and will raise the idle if air can pass by with the plate closed.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”