automatic engine in a shifter car

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
turbulence23

automatic engine in a shifter car

Post by turbulence23 »

sorry if my english isnt that good, from holland so english is not my main language.

i have searched for KLDE, automatic etc but i got so moch answers i dont know where to start, and all i neet to know if it goes or no

need a new engine ASAP... old one is really f*cked up and i need to get it moving right away..

so i go to the wrecker here, and he has a engine from a mazda mx6.. klde that it is then...

no problem there, i already found that this would fit... only problem is, the mx6 is a automatic box, and my mx3 is a 5spd box..

is a klde engine from a automatic car also ready to go in my mx3 or do i need to get more?

i have no idea if the wires are the same, i know klde/klze from a 5spd car will fit fine, but when its from a automatic what must i do?

the wrecker also doesnt have a clue, and i dont want to spent my money on a engine that doestn work for me after all..

plz help me out asap before the engine is sold...

im getting de computer ecu and the VAF from the mx6 also, going to buy some new parts, clutch etc but really neet to know i can buy this engine or if i need to go for one that comes from a 5spd shifter mx6

thanx
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

buy it your transmission from the mx-3 will work
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, no problem. Those of us who have curved-neck KL's, DE or ZE's, are from the Mazda Millenia. Millenia's only come in automatic, and there' no problem whatsoever with bolting on our trannies. You just need to remove the flexplate (the large looking gear) and put your old K8 flywheel, you can put the larger one from the 2.5L if you wish, or get an aftermarkey lighter Fidenza flywheel, but that's your call, but the Mx-3 flywheel is lighter, so it improves acceleration. It's a common mod amungst Probe/mx-6 owners since it improves acceleration (less mass to rotate), but doesn't affect streetability like a super-light Fidenza.

A new clucth would be highly recommended since your old K8 clutch wasn't designed to handle the torque of the 2.5's. Oem KL 2.5L Clutches are hit-and-miss even by probe/Mx-6 owners. An aftermarket Stage1 from a reputable clutch company is usally quite satisfactory, your call if you want better.

The ECU and VAF combo from the Mx-6 will be perfect, it's a common combo for those who can't find a KL31/36 ECU, but arguably not lesser or worse, people have had mixed results, but that is usually one of the two recommended combo's to use, plus, since your using a DE, the Mx-3 ECU will recognise the EGR system that will be in use, which will be beneficial for emission testing and passing.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”