K8ZE Bolt On Turbo-- NEED HELP~

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
kenken

K8ZE Bolt On Turbo-- NEED HELP~

Post by kenken »

I am planning to bolt on turbo to my mx3.
Here are my list of items.

-TD04L turbo unit
-550mm*140mm*70mm Intercooler
-E-manage(blue)
-SARD adjustable fuel regulator
-SHEEPDOG Blow Off Valve
:D

Guys,i need your help. Can you tell me what else that i need?Essential items. Injectors or fuel pump?Im only planning to for 200Hp on engine flywheel. THANKS! pls helP~

p/s i know bolting a turbo on a k8 is a waste of money but in Malaysia(my country) KL is extremely hard to find. PLS help.
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Turbo exaust manifold, cold pipes, oil lines, tapped oil pan, heat shield for the turbo, wastegate, and nitrous for low end spooling :)
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
kenken

Post by kenken »

yes i have all the pipes and hoses ready..
im worried bout my fuel system..
do i need extra fuel pump? or just replace it with a higher flow one?
can rb25det Skyline GTT fuel pump fit into mx3 fuel tank?
how bout injectors? i am only using piggy back ECU, wat injectors can i used? injectors that fits perfectly into the fuel rails without major modifications on the rails.

THANKS FOR HELPING!
kenken

Post by kenken »

by thr way, is td04 good for k8?
thanks!!
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

I can't tell you much about specific turbos because I haven't researched them yet (will be soon :)). What I can tell you is that, if you are worried about fuel, you can throw in a Walbro 255 L/hr fuel pump and modify your injectors (I think there's a thread floating around here somewhere that tells you how to). I would also recommend getting a stand alone as well. MegaSquirt isn't that expensive and will probably help you out a lot once you learn how to use it.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
andy

Post by andy »

Your K8 is capable of making 200 hp just fine. If that is all you think you want then it is not a waste of money.
You need to do a little research about the different turbos and there
effeciency charts.
My setup uses a t3/t4 to4e 57 trim. on my K8. I have not dynoed this setup and don't have any plans to in the near future.
My last trip to the drags I ran a 14.3 @ 103mph with a 2.3 60'. That should give you a ballpark of what kind of power I'm putting down.
You can use the fuel injectors from any 2.5L v6 mazda,probe,mellenia,
626. This should give you enough fuel for the 200 hp. I used my stock fuel pump for the first 6 months without a problem, I recently put a walbro 255lph pump in and now seem to be running very rich.

You will need a way to up the fuel pressure under boost. Wether you use an fmu or a standalone is up to you.

good luck

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T @ 10psi
30xadelaide

Post by 30xadelaide »

hi there,
i have a k8 turbo
my setup is similar to andys with the fuel management unit, but atm im only running 5 psi.
i am using a .48a/r exhaust t03 turbs off a saab 9000 i believe which spools about 3000rpm.
id say dont even worry about it hey unless u really kno wat ur doin. its a tuff job and i had qualified 2 mechanics working on mine by the time u buy all the little parts u dont initially inlude in ur buget ull be up for about 3500us dollars. the ony reason i did mine was so i woul stand out from the crowd.
im soon goin to 7which should get me to about 195hp but u cant really go
any higher if u sae ur engine(unlike andy).
anyway if u do go ahead with it listen to his words very carefully he helped me immensly fo my setup. bottom end performance isnt really enhanced by a turbo on the stock ecu setup, but i guarantee in 3rd onward on boost now i fly. 2nd is ok but theres a quite bit of lag then the boost hits full on
i think in time i will change turbo to something much smaller like a garret gt20 and get a standalone, i like the fact tho that my car is still very streetable
good luk
anthony
BOOSTIN SOON!
NeZmO

Post by NeZmO »

I only spent $1900 on my parts. All I'm waiting on is the oil feed/drain lines and a pan tap. I'm shootin in the 220hp range. I bought a safc2 but i don't think i'll need it. I didn't buy injectors or a fuel pump whereas i'm not lookin on boostin anywhere past 10psi which is more than enough for my needs. I did however buy a Vortech 12:1 fmu. Not expensive I got mine for about $120. I don't know what the stock fpr restricts so I bought my own. If you get one from cosmo racing the fuel rail adapter doesnt' work but you can find ones sold seperately. I am also installing a t03/04 turbo. (57 trim) Hope everything works out for ya.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

NeZmO wrote:I only spent $1900 on my parts. All I'm waiting on is the oil feed/drain lines and a pan tap. I'm shootin in the 220hp range. I bought a safc2 but i don't think i'll need it. I didn't buy injectors or a fuel pump whereas i'm not lookin on boostin anywhere past 10psi which is more than enough for my needs. I did however buy a Vortech 12:1 fmu. Not expensive I got mine for about $120. I don't know what the stock fpr restricts so I bought my own. If you get one from cosmo racing the fuel rail adapter doesnt' work but you can find ones sold seperately. I am also installing a t03/04 turbo. (57 trim) Hope everything works out for ya.
Yeah You will still need a set of KLDE or KLZE (2.5L) injectors while boosting on a K8 even if you are not boosting over 10 ... I would reccomend a 190lph High flow fuel pump as well at the least..
-Kris
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
30xadelaide

Post by 30xadelaide »

Yeah You will still need a set of KLDE or KLZE (2.5L) injectors while boosting on a K8 even if you are not boosting over 10 ... I would reccomend a 190lph High flow fuel pump as well at the least..
-Kris[/quote]

yep i have klde 220cc injectors .. its a must have an u would want a walbro fp just to be safe
BOOSTIN SOON!
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

http://www.mazdamaniac.com..goto jeff's old car
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
kenken

thanks

Post by kenken »

thanks to everyone for providing all the infos.
anyway is K8 air flow sensor is capable of sensing boost? doesnt the computer cuts off the fuel when theres boost?

Return to “Forced Induction”