Can't open the hood!!!!Help

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
NYcee79

Can't open the hood!!!!Help

Post by NYcee79 »

I guys Im new here...I just bought my 1994 mx-3 2 weeks ago and now I can't open the hood even when I pull the hood release I my brother trys to pop the hood up. Is there anything else I can do to open the hood and once I open it how can I adjust the pin or cable so the next time it will catch......thanks all
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

It is just a cable that runs to a latch under the hood. The best way to do this is to jack up the car and reach under, you should be able to pull the cable enough to unlatch it, it is possible the cable is busted or the latch seized.
NYcee79

Post by NYcee79 »

Thanks solo_ryder for the replay I will try this tomm. because its cool and it gets dark ealry in New York....so thanks again for the input I will let you know how it goes.....
neumann

Post by neumann »

Once you get it open take the opportunity to lube the spring and latch mechanism that hods the hood closed. If your hood has not been opened in a while it may have seized. I had the hood off my car for a couple of months in the summer while I was working on it in the off season and when I slapped the hood back on the latch would not engage. A repeated dose of penetrating oil over a few days fixed that up.
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”