6x9 and 6.5 questions!!! :)

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
jorgesamaniego3

6x9 and 6.5 questions!!! :)

Post by jorgesamaniego3 »

OK... I got two questions... hope u can help...

1. How do in put 6x9 speakers in the front doors without cutting the plastic cober of the door and without cutting any metal part of the door?
Its posible????? please help...

2. How do I put 16mm or 6.5'' speakers in the rear of the car? I want to put them exactly in the place where the stock speakers are, without cutting any plastic part or metal part of the car chasis...

Thanks for your help :lol:
1993 Mazda MX-3
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

I can't help you with the fronts, but the back ones should take 6.5's pretty easy. The screws might not fit exactly right, and they won't screw in all the way, but they should hold the speaker firmly in place.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Hey. I want to put some 100 pound 18" subwoofer in my doors, but don't want to do any modifications to make it fit. Think it'll work?
jorgesamaniego3

Post by jorgesamaniego3 »

hey im new in this car audio stuff...
ok but what modifications i have to do to put a 6x9 speaker in the front door?
1993 Mazda MX-3
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

6x9s in the front that is to much work and a wast of time and money. Just get a nice set of 6.5in components. Or you can just get a good set of 6.5in i recommend the eclipse point source's and then throw a nice small amp to them. I run just the normel 6.5in eclipse 3-way speakers. They sound sweet and look nice to!!

http://www.eclipse-web.com
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

jorgesamaniego3 wrote:what modifications i have to do to put a 6x9 speaker in the front door?
Cut some metal in the hole to make it more oblong, probably cut some plastic from the door panel underneath the grille, then make a mounting baffle out of 1/4" sheet plastic or hardboard.
trimble

Post by trimble »

6.5's wont fit perfectly in the back then? That kinda sucks. Can I use the same wiring that's already there to put into my new speakers? Or how do I install the new ones by myself?
hharb

Post by hharb »

haha, that's a bit of a funny question, even I know the answer, you should be ashamed of yourself :P
chew*

Post by chew* »

First off even if you couold fit 6x9's in the front doors and still be able to roll down the window, Why would you...... It's proven that a good set of 6.5 components are alot louder and cleaner than any 6x9 coaxial can sound. As for rear speakers once again why? a good sound stage is done in the front, If anything you use rears as a filler but in as small a car as the mx-3 and the mounting options available its a moot point...Point being the placement and housing for the rear speakers sounds anything but good. If you were to do any rear speakers the best placement would be the rear side panels on the side of the back seat which will require modifications. My 2 cents.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”