Need some feedback

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
NeZmO

Need some feedback

Post by NeZmO »

Just checkin with all you smart ppl to get your opinion on this. I have a k8 and i am installing a t3/t4 and i don't really know much about 2 things. 1. My fmu from what i understand needs to be on the fuel return side and the vacuum is ran to the intake manifold plenum as well as the wastegate and bov vacuum lines. Also I do not have another fuel pump or injectors. 2. Oil return is no problem. But where in the world is the oil galley for the oil feed? I've tried to find it in the forums but can't place it. I've seen underhood pictures of 2.5's getting their feed from the left side of the head but i don't have a clear understanding from the exact point.

If i'm only planning on running 5 psi to start out with will my fuel setup make the power or am i not getting the fuel feed i need? And if i am how high can i crank the boost up? Thanks for any info you guys can give me.
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

1. Yes, FMU does hook up on the return side and needs a vac/boost source from the IM.
2. Oil feed is sourced by one of two popular locations: oil pressure sending unit or an allen key near the clutch slave cylinder. I personally use a -3an line from the OPSU and have had no oiling problems thus far. You just buy a 'T' type fitting, male into block, female for OPSU, and another female for a fitting to go to for your feed line. As for fuel, I would definitely recommend a Walbro and KL (220cc) injectors. That's the poor man's route--if you've got the capital and desire, buy KL injectors and Megasquirt, or any other stand alone fuel management system, to control them
T61 powered KLZE
NeZmO

Post by NeZmO »

Thanks. But I am in fact a poor man at the moment. The oil feed next to the clutch slave cylinder seems the easiest route. I am trying to keep it simple. Where can I get some kl or de injectors? the pumps not a problem i find them everywhere but i search ebay all the time and i've basically gave up. Should I just get some de injectors or does someone have a supply of kl'/millenias on hand that I don't know of?
andy

Post by andy »

I got mine at the local u-pull-it junk yard.
You could search the Probetalk.com message board for someone
selling them or post a WTb thread.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

Millenia S injectors would be overkill with an FMU. You would have no way to control them, and controlling them would be your number one priority as they are 100cc over stock.
T61 powered KLZE

Return to “Forced Induction”