Nintendo wii

Off-Topic Discussions
hgallegos915

Nintendo wii

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hey anyone getting this? I know its not as popular as ps3 but well family wants it and i cant find it anywhere.. :/ so far no ps3 and no wii because they are all sold out. I heard that 6 million units went out this 4th quarter but i believe they are selling out like crazy... anyone have one yet? I played it and it nseems interesting but the ps3 graphics are WAY WAY more superior.. still kids want wii and im not rich.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Neil

Re: Nintendo wii

Post by Neil »

hgallegos915 wrote:Hey anyone getting this? I know its not as popular as ps3 but well family wants it and i cant find it anywhere.. :/ so far no ps3 and no wii because they are all sold out. I heard that 6 million units went out this 4th quarter but i believe they are selling out like crazy... anyone have one yet? I played it and it nseems interesting but the ps3 graphics are WAY WAY more superior.. still kids want wii and im not rich.
The graphics on the PS3 might be better, but when you get 4 people together and start playing Wii Sports, or any of the other games the fun factor of the Wii totally kills both the PS3 and Xbox360. (The PS3 doesn't suck in anyway, im just saying the Wii is a lot more fun)

If you want to pickup a Wii, phone around, find out when the stores shipments come in and show up around the shipment time. Most stores are getting 1-4 Wiis on a weekly basis. PS3 on the other hand you might have a harder time getting.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

i got the wii the first day, it was easy to reserve.. i think they said something like they only release like 250 - 400 thousand ps3, but 1million wiis so u should have no trouble getting one.. and yea ps3 got all the graphics but trust me the wii is great, besides that u can almost buy a wii and 360 for the price of the ps3
e2blade

Post by e2blade »

the wii's graphics can only compare to the ps2

nintendo has never been about graphics

but about game play

and for 1 thing its amazing

the racing is extremely inavative

using the contorler to steer

litraly

and the shooting games take it to the next level

where you accutrually have to duck behind your couch to take cover

i think that sums it up
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

ps3 has the same controler functions as the wii
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Neil

Post by Neil »

Vanished wrote:ps3 has the same controler functions as the wii
Similar not 100% the same. This debate is being argued all over the place. But you simply cant use the PS3 controller the same way you use the Wii controller because of the shape/layout/design. You get tilt features etc. But if you actually pick up your PS3 controller and start waving it around your probably going to kill your dog. (Not that Wii owners haven't already)

I'm not debating that the technology isn't the same. I'm stating that you can't use a PS3 controller the same way you use a Wii controller.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

I love the boxing game when you start playing that you start to move and jump around like a boxer its fun!! =)
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I still cant find them at the stores :( probably until next year. As far as ps3 thats jus WAY more harder to find than a wii. Xbox 360.. bleh.. i want it because soul recon 2 takes place in el paso tx .. my city LOL its funny seeinf the scan from the streets there.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Meep

Post by Meep »

I think the next game system I'd get would probably be the Wii. It just sounds like its more interactive... and well I've always liked Nintendo.

Besides, I already have a modified Xbox (not a 360 but I like it fine enough), a modified PS2, a GameCube, a DS, a SNES, etc etc... so, I'm pretty well entertained at the moment. Nothing released recently but I think I'll wait a little while until the prices come down and things are a bit easier to obtain.

As for the PS3, I heard it used BlueRay discs. Aren't those kinda hard to get or at least are a bit more expensive than regular discs? I could be wrong here but most of everything I've heard so far has been primarily word of mouth. I don't know, somewhere along the way, something with the PS3 just doesn't settle well with me...
Neil

Post by Neil »

Meep wrote:I think the next game system I'd get would probably be the Wii. It just sounds like its more interactive... and well I've always liked Nintendo.

Besides, I already have a modified Xbox (not a 360 but I like it fine enough), a modified PS2, a GameCube, a DS, a SNES, etc etc... so, I'm pretty well entertained at the moment. Nothing released recently but I think I'll wait a little while until the prices come down and things are a bit easier to obtain.

As for the PS3, I heard it used BlueRay discs. Aren't those kinda hard to get or at least are a bit more expensive than regular discs? I could be wrong here but most of everything I've heard so far has been primarily word of mouth. I don't know, somewhere along the way, something with the PS3 just doesn't settle well with me...
Yup PS3 is Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray burnables are around $25 a peace, and the burners are $500-600+ or something like that.

They'll come down in price just like everything else. Just gotta give it time.
NeZmO

Post by NeZmO »

bahhhh... The gaming systems these days are going to take the same route as b4. 360 j/hasn't came out with any games yet. Besides, they have Bill Gates dishing money into it. Playstation sorta became invisible when halo 2 came out. (#1 selling game in the world) Just give it some time. Performance charts can tell you that the 360 is more capable of graphics than the ps3. ps3-2 processors 360- 3 processors. I can't recall the site but it's out there. Not to mention if you've played xbox live then you won't settle for w/e ps has. I played that thing once. It was like dial-up or something. You can d/l movies, trade cars in games, etc.... Just give it some time and the 360 will be well worth your dough in the long run. Just can't see myself paying over $500 for a friggin ps.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

360 hasnt came out with any games? What about Gears of War? That looks like it will take Game Of The Year
Theres other great games on Xbox 360

What will happen is that its going to be Xbox 360 and WII battling it out in the end

WII looks like its going to sell great because of its cheap price. The controllers on it are actually revolutionary.
The weak point of WII: it might not get the 3rd party support the Xbox 360 or PS3 are going to get.
Solution: Nintendo needs to encourage games like Grand Theft Auto and not try to give it too much of a little kids image.

The Xbox 360 has stolen a few exclusive titles from the PS3. However, none of these titles have anything special. Its still something and they are starting to show that developers would rather make games multiplatform instead of exclusive on PS3.
The 360 already has a bunch of great games coming out. Halo 3 and esically Forza Motorsports 2. It has already shown great 3rd party support.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

imo, playstation3 is just a waste, its all numbers and stats with no really good games..not to even mention the fact u can almost buy a 360 and wii for the price of one ps3.. and when halo 3 comes out thats gonna destroy ps3 sales coz people are gonna buy the 360 just for that.. of the 3 new ones i personally have a wii for now but plan on getting a 360 before halo comes out, but for now halo 2 give me my halo needs
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

madLyrical wrote:imo, playstation3 is just a waste, its all numbers and stats with no really good games..not to even mention the fact u can almost buy a 360 and wii for the price of one ps3.. and when halo 3 comes out thats gonna destroy ps3 sales coz people are gonna buy the 360 just for that.. of the 3 new ones i personally have a wii for now but plan on getting a 360 before halo comes out, but for now halo 2 give me my halo needs
I completely agree
The graphics on it might seem like they are going to be better then Xbox but still, its all numbers and stats
Nothing special of it at all
WII and 360 till the end
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
e2blade

Post by e2blade »

OOKOKOKOKOK

for every ignorant person that disses the ps3 let me tell you this

the ps3 has a 7 symeterical core processor

DO U REALIZE WHAT THAT IS

it has DDRX ram

thats unheard of

it plays blu rays

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A BLU RAY PLAYER IS

it has motion sensors in its contorls

it works with the psp