Removal of Tie rod.. any ideas?? need help.

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Juggalomastaxx

Removal of Tie rod.. any ideas?? need help.

Post by Juggalomastaxx »

I recently got into a fender bender which broke my tie rod. My tie rod end is fine. But I drove it to the side of the road. It was fine. I drove the other car out of the road. Then we parked in a parking lot and agreed that we didn't need cops there. So her car went first then mine. I had 1 foot to go and it wouldn't move. Me being stubborn forced it and broke my cv shaft. I just replaced my cv shaft but cannot get my tie rod off. it's broken in the middle between the ball ping and the tie rod end. There's a nut like on the ball ping where i believe i can remove it from there. Any ideas? Oh and if you have a fender for a passenger that'd help to.
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

yeah theres a tool to remove the inner tie rod end you can get them at most parts supply stores. it looks like a long tube with different "c-clips" that fit different size inners and you use a ratchet on the end of the tube.
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Juggalomastaxx

Post by Juggalomastaxx »

I'll look tomorrow after i get off work. I'll go to a store and see. I have to get the part off to order it cuz i don't want the wrong part. And it's really hard to drive without a tie rod so i'll get up on it. i'll let you know

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”