Poll:Top speed in your MX-3?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
killerpickle

Re: Poll:Top speed in your MX-3?

Post by killerpickle »

The Mx3 does have a fuel cut off. Maybe someone knowledgable could quote the exact rpm, but I heard it was 8200 rpm...or was it 7700...heck I dont remember
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Justin Murphy

Post by Justin Murphy »

When the MX first came out, I read a Car and Driver report that had a 92 GS topping out at 145 miles/hour. This was a performance test was done with professionals. I personally have had my 92 GS up to 138 mph on flat ground at it was near the redline on the tachometer. Not too sure I could have it going any faster because it wasn't really stable at that speed. Definetly won't do it again.<P>J
FLYIN BY YA IN THE NIGHT!
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I got my car up to 190km, I could have probably gotten it up to 200km but I was in sort of a heavily cop infested area so I didn't want to push my luck.<P>Also my car is an Auto GS, I don't think pushing it that high is that good for the tranny.
Kim 95' V6 DK

Post by Kim 95' V6 DK »

I made it to 215kmh at 6500rpm <BR>on the highway but I was playing whit the fire caus max speed on HW 110kmh and if over 187kmh you loose your drivers licence<BR>just my luck that the cops were not there<BR> :D :D <BR>correct me if iam wrong but dosent the size of your wheels matter on top speed and rpm's [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
<I>Why get a car whith more than two doors when your not running a daytime kindergarten</I>
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

since im not to keem on the idea of getting my liscence revoked, the fastest ive gone is 72-in 3rd gear w/2 other people.so top speed i have no idea but im not trying it untill i get better tires and get my car droped.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
longisland55

Post by longisland55 »

i've made 115mph in my 1.6 , but i i think the fuel cut off is at 6500rpms?? or why i get it at those rpms? could i improve it?
Q187

Post by Q187 »

The first night we got my car, my dad got it up to 110 (easily) on the freeway......I've only gotten it to about 90.
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

i have a 92gs and ive got up to 130 chasing a civic down I-5 in WA. it does get REALLY squirly that fast with stock suspention.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
DriversClub

Post by DriversClub »

Guess the governor was broke on my old 1.8 engine cause before I went KL_ZE I took my to 145mph also. Only about 135 was under its own pull the rest was down hill. Haven't test the ZE yet and have calmed down enough that I probably wont. Don't get me wrong driving fast is fun and all under a controled environment but on the street or highway something as small as hitting a bird at 135 145 can shatter your windsheild and cause you to wreck. I've lost countless friends to sreet racing and high speed wrecks, ggod luck.<BR>DriversClub :eek:
yeloboy

Post by yeloboy »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bri94GS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>I hit 122mph in my GS....as far as I know, MX-3s do not have governors</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ummm yeah,hey guy if u didn't know 122 is between 120-130 like i said.and every car in the u.s. is manufactored with a governer, its an inspection law,but u can get a chip and fix that problem <BR>(smart guy) :roll:
INFAMOUS YELOBOY
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

not every car is made with a govenor
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

that's right, no american car has a gov. but if i'm correct, they do have fuel pump cut-offs from a rev limiter. at HIGH rpms the fuel get cut off.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Sandman55

Post by Sandman55 »

About a year ago my hood lock mechanism was broken and for the time being I had secured the hood with bungee cord. I decided to floor my 93 1.8L GS on an isolated stretch near the Everglades. When I hit 100 mph my hood came up and hyperflexed, smashing in my sunroof but leaving the windshield perfectly intact. I was able to stop the car in a straight line and not do any further damage. When I got out of the car to inspect it, there was a perfect imprint of the mazda logo from the front of the hood on the sunroof. I know its a little off subject but it has to do with top speed. I still own this same mx-3.
Semper Fidelis
cyberpimp24

Post by cyberpimp24 »

i got a 93 gs with a hks intake and got up to 125mph i dont know if that adds h.p but it was fast i still had pedal left might have got to 140-145 maybe. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
joe!
DriversClub

Post by DriversClub »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yeloboy:<BR><STRONG><P>ummm yeah,hey guy if u didn't know 122 is between 120-130 like i said.and every car in the u.s. is manufactored with a governer, its an inspection law,but u can get a chip and fix that problem <BR>(smart guy) :roll:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sorry no chip just intake and yes it went faster than 120mph. And it didn't have a governor for speed.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”