Any recommendations would be great

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
superman_t11

Any recommendations would be great

Post by superman_t11 »

Any opinions on what kind of car alarm to install in my car.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

I have a viper. It works great for me.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

The most expensive one.

Hahah. I don't really know alot about car alarms. Basically, research the features that alarms can have. Then figure out which ones are most important to you, and base them on that. Viper, CompuStar and other popular names will do you fine.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I would go for the one with motion sensors on side glass
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
chew*

Post by chew* »

motion sensors are a pain in the a**. I am fond of excalibur but have also used dei. Both are good products and DEi owns viper.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

chew* wrote:DEi owns viper.
DE owns probably over half of all car security brand names. It's rediculus.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
hharb

Post by hharb »

unless you want one for looks/fun, i dont recomend it. when was the last time you heard a car alarm go off and thought that a car is being stolen? they're useless and expensive, ofcourse if you have the money it's always cool to have one, but thats about the only use for it.
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

hharb wrote:unless you want one for looks/fun, i dont recomend it. when was the last time you heard a car alarm go off and thought that a car is being stolen? they're useless and expensive, ofcourse if you have the money it's always cool to have one, but thats about the only use for it.
I agree about the sirens being a little pointless...but alarms are not completely useless. If there was one feature I would look for in an alarm it's that it is 2 way. I want to know right away when my car is being broken into so I can run out and try and stop it from being stolen...but if you're out of hearing distance you would never know...unless you had a 2 way alarm. They too run out of range after around 1500ft though, so if you REALLY want protection you could spend big bucks and get a GSM car alarm which actually utilizes a cell fone chip so no matter where you are...you will be notified via cell fone if your car is broken into and stolen. Most GSM systems I have come across allow you to call your car and start the engine, or shut it off if it were ever driven away when stolen. they by far are the most superior alarms but i've also noticed they are hard to find probably due to the fact that its a fairly modern concept. They can use a prepaid cell fone service too so it's not that expensive.
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
hharb

Post by hharb »

hmm, i see your point there, but honestly i think we pay insurance for a reason, and well most mx3s aren't that expensive to begin with, so spending over 1k on a GPS alrarm/tracking system could be a little too much if the overall value of your car doesn't go above 5k on a good day. my point is, save your money and once you buy an enzo or at the very least a 20k + car think about spending the extra grand on security... unless you want to install a useless system, or a cheap one that will give you more headaches than anything else, the only way i'd install it if it came as a package with a remote starter and keyless entry, well thats all i have to say, goodluck man

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”