Why can’t I find these Sideskirts

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
c_9000

Why can’t I find these Sideskirts

Post by c_9000 »

I have searched and read past post about the OEM sideskirts. It seems that a lot of people want these but no one in the bodykit industry has made a replica of them. I’m just wondering if there is a legal reason why or what? If there’s nothing holding us back, what would it take to get someone to make these? Any help would be appreciated.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Why can’t I find these Sideskirts

Post by monty73741 »

c_9000 wrote:I have searched and read past post about the OEM sideskirts. It seems that a lot of people want these but no one in the bodykit industry has made a replica of them. I’m just wondering if there is a legal reason why or what? If there’s nothing holding us back, what would it take to get someone to make these? Any help would be appreciated.

its not because people dont want them it because not enough people want them plus since the car is over 10 years its not viable in the aftermarket

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: Why can’t I find these Sideskirts

Post by neutral »

c_9000 wrote:I have searched and read past post about the OEM sideskirts. It seems that a lot of people want these but no one in the bodykit industry has made a replica of them. I’m just wondering if there is a legal reason why or what? If there’s nothing holding us back, what would it take to get someone to make these? Any help would be appreciated.
fwiw a set of the factory sideskirts pops up on ebay occaisionally...
Image -Jim
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

That and the only supplier who had them, someone bought all of them and resold them all. Mazda doesnt have anymore.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Custommx3 wrote:That and the only supplier who had them, someone bought all of them and resold them all. Mazda doesnt have anymore.
Mazda had 124 sets in stock back in 1999-2000. They were liquidated at pennys on the dollar because they never sold the whole time the MX-3 was in the show room and very few were bought when the fire sale lite of clearance parts was sent out to all the dealers. Finish Line made a very close copy at one time as well but they are long gone aswell
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

dam why didnt anyone make fibeglass copies :/
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

hgallegos915 wrote:dam why didnt anyone make fibeglass copies :/
Probably because the originals didn't sell at all and Mazda had to sell that bulk of their national inventory as "Scrap" dead inventory after having them in stock at least 5-6 years and not moving of the shelf.

The Finish Line were fiberglass copies.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Mazda didnt sell them because they were so damn expensive from the dealer.

They were like $4-500 or more if I remember correctly.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
c_9000

Post by c_9000 »

if we were be able to get a group buy going...who would be able to make a fiberglass copy of them...and how many people do u guys think we would need to pull this off
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

well the first thing is you need to find a set to copy, then u need to findsomeone who wants to copy them, then fitmet, then finding probally 10 min coppies

jaosn
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Neil

Post by Neil »

Oscar has mentioned that he would do it a few times but nobody ever wanted to cough up the money so they never got re-made.

I'm pretty sure there are two or three older posts of him saying he will do it if you guys will go through with it. There was even a post about having them made in Carbon Fiber.

But there just wasn't enough people who were willing to pay / get in on the group buy.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I have offered several times to make a couple sets, but no one really showed any intrest. i think there sweet, best looking skirts for the MX in my opinion.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

These are the best skirts for the mx3 overall. If there is a group buy I would be in and i know at least 2 oe 3 more that would as well.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hharb

Post by hharb »

Hey Josh how many interested buyers would you need to have them done? Also i have seen older posts by pakfeifer, the suggested price was way too much, i mean i LOVE the skirts but i don't think they should be sold for 400+ although they are indeed the coolest skirts to be put on an mx3. Another thing, they used to sell some from Japan on eBay they're kind of universal and they sold them for around $60ish US + shipping.. but yeah i would be VERY interested buying those skirts even if they were slightly expensive because they are definately worth it.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

i would sell them for 250 a set + shipping. and i would mock them to my car first so there would be no fitment problems. and they would be 4 layers of hand layed fiberglass, then primered.

and of course some of that would go to the site :)

if there is enough intrest i will do it. if we get at least 4 commited people, i will talk with MX-3.com and get a GB started. then put down a deposite of like 20 percent, and start production. but i will need at least 4 dedicated people to make it worth it. the entire process would take about a month, depending on how many people got in on the GB.

Just everyone who is intrested PM me and we will see about getting a GB started.

Return to “Appearance”