Im new

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Im new

Post by MX34M3 »

well I bought a '93 mx3 gs.....KLZE swap done....other than the ecu/clutch/shifter/ms8 IM/CAI.......no other real mods

Im new to the mazda game....and fwd game at that.....I was/am a toyota/nissan (rwd) guy.....haha so this is new to me

Im in SW Calgary

but ya.....just thought Id say hi :D
Taras

Post by Taras »

Hello and welcome,
Hope you will enjoy your little MX. There are a few cool guys in AB with their MX's. Be sure to check out any of the events that are on throughout the year. Also check Mx-West.com Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Hey man! How is the ZE for you? I hope you like it. Welcome to the board! :D
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

welcome. sounds like you got a good buy, most of the hard work is done allready :D
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

lol so far its awesome....quickest car Ive owned yet.....the thing sounds amazing.....cant wait till I can do some exhaust work with it...

who makes headers for this car?!...Ive seen people saying they have pacesetters....but I dislike pacesetter haha....any other company? lol

and ya....from what Ive noticed there arent many klze's around here (calgary at least)......a few in probes that I know of...this was the first klze mx3 Ive seen/heard of......so I had to scoop it up....since it was the only quicker car in my price range...lol damn no money!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

There is quite abit of kl's in the AB area IIRC, more then BC. Check out eBay for SS-autochrome headers. They are low cost and work decently. If you want high quality get HotShot headers.

That is one thing you will miss about your nissans etc. There is a scare aftermarket for these cars. But you can manage. Here is a clip of my KL with 2.5" exhaust a resonator with headers:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5083 ... 5b6bf3.htm
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

lol thats awesome

and as far as aftermarket goes.....these things are amazing....haha.....Im used to old school 83-85 celicas (last of the rwd celicas).......THEY have noooooooo aftermarket.....so after looking at parts for this thing ...I was like a kid in a candy store!!!!

although Im basically broke after buying this car....so it will take awhile
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Hope you enjoy your car, but don't bust it up in this weather!!!

I've been driving around for the last week on my winter tires and damn this car is fun to drive in the winter.

What colour of car you got, just so I can keep my eye out and wave if I see ya?

I've got a Red BP with tinted hatch, black tails and an MX-WEST light-up rear brake light. I'm around the city a lot, usually see 2-3 MXes every day.
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

mines red (gonna paint it come summer)

its tail lights are redded out....no amber

just on black steelies and winter tires right now.....

lol not much to seperate it from most other mx3's yet.......oh.......will have a 9004 6000k HID kit going into it within the next few days though......hopefully thursday when the damn weather heats up......-41C out side now?!?! yah....not installing ANYTHING now hahaha

Im never up north......but you may see me around the south (sw mostly)
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Did you buy the HIDs from the guy on the beyond forum? He was selling them for $350-400 I think.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I was in the SW yesterday and happened to see a Red heading eastbound Glenmore just east of CC trail. Was that you? I think it had slightly tinted side windows.
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

haha yah....Im getting the kid kit from him!!....for 300....seen them on his mx3....they were pretty sweet!!!!!!!.....stock lighting on these mx3's isnt exactly the greatest haha

hmmmm and glenmore yesterday.......hmmmm nope....lol I havent been out much with the cold and all.....I only drove a bit yesterday...just on southland/24th ave etc......I have 0 tint :(.....kinda sucks that the windows (drive/pass) cant be tinted.....theyre sooooo damn big haha

Ill be on glenmore in about 2 hours though hahaha :P
Last edited by MX34M3 on November 28th, 2006, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

... in 2 hours for about 2 hours, give or take an hour or two :)
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

lol gotta go visit the gf....by centennial arenas.....so I will be on 14th/glenmore/and a tid of crowchild....haha
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

question:........whats the chassis code for mx-3's....ie mine! haha.......Im too cold to go look

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”