EGR valve

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jimmybrite

EGR valve

Post by jimmybrite »

I know I know there's gotta be forums on this but the search feature doesn't help me.
My friend has a v-6 mx3 1.8 , and he's been getting a cel, so he decided to get it checked, turns out its his egr valve (Code 16) , the thing is he already spent 2+ grand trying to get this problem fixed (Pre-OBD) finally he took it to mazda. I wanna know is there a way to fix this for dirt cheap, I know that on some cars (i.e: mazda protege) there's ways you can disable/remove the egr.
Mazda's price on a new egr 500$ Canadian. I also wanna know , can he get a ford probe/mazda mx-6 2.5l egr?
Thanks in advance, Jean-Michel
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Why not get another egr from a junk yard??? also.. make sure the sensors are good... Also take it out.. clean it and reinstall. reset codes and that may solve issue. If you state doesnt require it.. block it! :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
jimmybrite

How to

Post by jimmybrite »

How do u block it exactly, and also, I wanted to know would a 2.5l ford/mazda egr fit? I'm thinking YEAH, cause my friend called for a PRECIDIA, but he didnt think to ask for a 2.5 kl instead
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The EGR is just part of the emissions system, I believe you don't have emission test in Quebec. As per example, the KLZE does not use an EGR system and I passed on my e-test last week
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jimmybrite

Post by jimmybrite »

myeah, its just a safety test, thanks. I guess i'll have to find a howto on the web.
fabmxer

Post by fabmxer »

I think I had the same problem a while back, and junkyard gave it to me for like $10.00 ...

Hope that helps...
jimmybrite

Post by jimmybrite »

Yeah I already mentioned that he called every junkyard and he cant find one so I was wondering if he could use one from a mazda 2.5
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yes you can use a 2.5 egr
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
max kl

Post by max kl »

in texas egr failures are rare it is allways the vacume solinoids. ither they are dead of the vacume lines are mis routed.

the solinoids are mounted on a plate behind the tb if you have a k8.
if you unplug the electrical wire and test the sol. with an ohm meter you should have a steady 13 - 15 ohms. if it jumps around or is 0 or 30 than replace it with a good used 1.
the 2.5 egr parts will work and the sol, are mounted on the same style plate just its behing the intake.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”