Part out or as Whole?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Rys_mx

Part out or as Whole?

Post by Rys_mx »

Hey guys and ladies, well i had a very lovely day when my mx died on me in the middle of a busy intersection luckly i was 2 blocks from g/fs, so i think my motor is done because it wont stay runny and it sounds like shaking a box of glass. so was wonder what would be easier, do u think someone would by the car from me or am i gonna have a hard time and wind up just parting out , yes i have decents parts(Curved Neck IM, Headers, KLO2 Vaf, SE leathers altezzas, lowering springs/struts etc.) i just dont want to be stuck with a body its very decent and has pakfiefer bumer and stock so i dunno, ideas, or even who wants it! come on :P and i dont have much time to part out either.. DE engine by the way. Your input would be nice :)
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well if u part out how much ya want for the springs?? and what kind are they?
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

i will buy ur front DIBS
Always under construction
Rys_mx

Post by Rys_mx »

yea will buy my front what.. and the springs are H&R and KYB struts i beleive imma double check imma get it checked out this week sometime i'll make my final dicision on saturday and make the list of parts.. because i just went outside and its starting alright but the damn ticking is still there.. i just have to find somewhere to keep it if i do decide to part it out cuz it will get messy im sure lol
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

will take both headlight assy. if you part out and depends on what you want for them no shipping ill come pick them up.
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

bumper and fenders!
Always under construction
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

The DE .. how many kms and what do you want for it?

DEB :wink:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

mymx.3 wrote:The DE .. how many kms and what do you want for it?

DEB :wink:
deb the motor is done so its kinda useless unless you want to get it rebuilt!

and Tom this guy is in Hamilton so shipping wouldn't be an issue and i'm pretty sure you are going to school in hamilton.

did this car have any rims on it that are for sale. Just curious to what they are because I will be looking for some soon!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

LMAO

Oops .....

DEB :laugh:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I need the Rear Lateral links if they are in good shape and a few interior pieces
Last edited by Trevor on November 20th, 2006, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

prolly a stupid question but...is there a way to find out whats wrong with it ? interested in the motor if its cheap cause it wont run ?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Before this thread goes any further, it's best that it ends here and start a fresh one in the For Sale Forum. Last post following mine should be the OP with a link to his For Sale thread.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Rys_mx

Post by Rys_mx »

Well sry but i told u i was gonna find out this weekend whats wrong with it and make a list, if the motor is to much that i dont feel like fixing it yes i would sell it to someone .. along with everything else but until them stock picking at my car you vultures lol
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Rys_mx wrote:Well sry but i told u i was gonna find out this weekend whats wrong with it and make a list, if the motor is to much that i dont feel like fixing it yes i would sell it to someone .. along with everything else but until them stock picking at my car you vultures lol
yo did you read the post above yours...listen to the man!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Give a potential huge repair bill on an older car it is often difficult to choose either repairing or parting out. I was faced with this back in early 2005 when my auto tranny died on me. Given the age of the car and the condition of various other parts of the car I choose not to repair the tranny (even though I could have done so for cheap). There was simply too many other things that were about to die and need replacing even if I fixed it and given that it was already an 11 year old car and beginning to rust I decided to part it out instead. Parting it out was a very long and difficult process but in the end I ended up making probably more than double or maybe even triple what I would have made on the car if I sold it as a whole with working tranny. I suppose I may have had good timing with my part out as there wasn't many other people parting out their cars at the time so I was basically able to sell everything. Its a tough choice to make and I am not recommending either or but if you do decide to part it out just be patient with it as it will take some time to sell everything.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”