KF with K8 ECU

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Winetou

KF with K8 ECU

Post by Winetou »

I have KF engine with K8 ECU . Does anyone ever made some acceleration test in this configration and compare them to KF with regular ECU? I found on ebay KF ECU, but i'm not sure that i will feel any difference...
max kl

Post by max kl »

there are several kf intake mantafolds. i have seen a kf with a de, ze, & k8 type intake. if you have the curved neck k8 style kf intake than the k8 ecu will work best. if you have one of the strait neck intakes than well you gota long road to find the corrects virs points.

the timing curve & virs points are the only diffrences. a kf should have 10-1 compresson ratio thata alot higher than a k8 . so you may experince detination or crappy peformance with non kf ecu.

also most kf s do not have an egr valve so a kf ecu wont go into limp mode without a egr like a k8 will.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i tested kf ecu on the k8 abd it ran crappy.. wouldnt recommend it. KF has flat pistons k8 has cup. Compression i think is a bit different, injectors on the kf and kl injectors. k8 has k8 inj.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

how long have you been running with the K8 ecu? (mine lasted about a week before the plugs were fouled)
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

What kf do you have? There are 140hp, 160hp, and 170hp versions.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I missunderstood.. you need the kf ecu.. with k8 it runs rich. Why did u bother with the kf? any kf ecu will work.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Winetou

Post by Winetou »

I have 144hp KF. I bought this car in this configuration (KF engine with K8 ECU) and everything seems to be OK, but last time on mazda party MX6 with FS 115HP have been faster than me so i started to think - i'm such a terrible driver or just there is something wrong with my car...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”