IMPORTFEST Nov 18

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

well if someone like Ian actually knows a place downtown we can all park then we will do so. What I said is just a suggestion.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

anywhere downtown would cost for parking, might as well just do Downsview.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Deimos wrote:anywhere downtown would cost for parking, might as well just do Downsview.
see what a great idea I came up with...it would be fun to ride the subway. havn't been on them in like 4 years. Umm is Downsview the best place to meet Ian?? aside from the fact that its close to your house. alright well we gotta plan this day out. what time we gunna. meet there and all the stuff and most importantly who is coming
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I may just meet everyone at the show then. I'm not comfortable with leaving my car for an extended period of time in a subway parking lot. It may mean a few bucks more for parking at the venue like last year. For me it's well worth it since it's warmer and drier and the majority of the group fragmented and left at all various times going their separate ways. The meeting at Sherwood Mall was great last year and the cruise downtown was kind of fun too. Oh ya, the setting off of the alarms in the underground parking was an extra treat also. As time gets closer to the event perhaps those that are of a similar mindset would like to meet at the Sherwood Mall also.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

John, if you are going and if I decide to go ..... :shrug:

and if you are going up for the day just to see the show .........

can I tag along ............ lol

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

awww poor john doesn't wanna leave his Baby alone in a big lot..lol j/k

umm if we can all meet maybe at Sherway Gardens and cruise to downtown and find a good palce local to park. I can do that too. I have a car alarm so really i don't acre where I park. and I think it would be sweet to hear my sick sounding exhaust as I rip through parking garages. :D

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

i dont blame him, I dont wanna leave my baby in no subway parking lot either!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

You guys need to invest in car alarms..

ok what are we going to do..just meet at the show?
and what time are we going it runs from noon till midnight. I doubt we will be there the whole 12 hours...Wanna show up at the show at like 2pm and stay for a few hours. maybe do something else downtown after.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

In light of John's recent misshap, I feel strongly about using the under parking at Rogers Centre. Unless there are those who are in the know of a covered parking area in the vicinity of Roger's Centre (short walking distance) and can get a psuedo reservation for us, than by all means speak up and assist.

Unless I don't see more response from those planning to attend Importfest, I'll just go it alone. I've heard nothing from Brandon or any of the London gang. Nor anyone from the Niagara region either. Unless there's more of a response I won't coordinate a meet up spot at Sherwood Mall like last year. Which by the way, was a good turn-out. I'll wait a day or 2 to see the progress.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

jschrauwen wrote:Nor anyone from the Niagara region either.
Well, technically I am, but I'll be rolling in Friday afternnon with SlipStream, so I dont technically count.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

OK..........now that I have arrived back home from Port Hope ... I have decided to go to Importfest ............

Parking where we were last year was fine .... I promise when I make a Ueee I'll wait till everyone catches up with me (hehehehehe) then we make our way to park altogether

:mrgreen:

:laugh:

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Yes John parking undrground at the Roger center for sure. I'm unsure how i'm gunna get there. Gunna try and get a ride with Tom I think he's going. If not i'll try and borrow my dads car for the day. But man i'm parking in good places all the time now. But in my situation I had no choice but to leave the car on the side of the 401.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

Ya I'll be there with SGR. My car has gotta be repaired....hit another damn raccoon and smashed the front bumper. YES AGAIN!!! Car goes in tomorrow and hopefully everything goes smooth so that I will be ready for the show. Stop by and say Hello!!!
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

Bochek

Post by Bochek »

anyone going from the niagra region, i would be up for meeting at hutches and crusing down.

- Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

mx3grlsikride wrote:Ya I'll be there with SGR. My car has gotta be repaired....hit another damn raccoon and smashed the front bumper. YES AGAIN!!! Car goes in tomorrow and hopefully everything goes smooth so that I will be ready for the show. Stop by and say Hello!!!
you were aiming for that raccoon just to get rid of the purple, weren't you?
j/k...sorry, had to say it

i think as a rule...u shouldn't drive for like a month before any big show.... :shrug:

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”