WTB HOOD LATCH DEAL

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
XavIaN

WTB HOOD LATCH DEAL

Post by XavIaN »

hey i may need a hood latch because i got into a accident wit my mx3 and now i am getting a hood but the latch is sorta messed i need it this week anyone got a latch ??? 93' RS
boostedmx

Re: WTB HOOD LATCH DEAL

Post by boostedmx »

put in some hood pins!! you car will go fasta!
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
XavIaN

Post by XavIaN »

haha i could go for the mazda sign on the hood . lol thats 10 hp + and then maybe paint my wheels ? that is definate mods .. lol any latches out there ????
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I saw one in a wrecking yard today, if your hood latch isn't busted, i hit my hood last year and had to replace it, i had to ghetto right the hood latch to make it lock again, i just used washers behind the bolts and it looks fine, just a lot of washers. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Wow, my last message didn't make any sense, I was real tired when i typed it, what i meant to say was, i didn't replace it, we just worked at it for several hours and made it work cause getting the new hood latch wouldn't of helped cause of the piece behind it being bent.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea just use hood pins. its cheaper and you can use the pins for when you get a c/f hood.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
XavIaN

Post by XavIaN »

ahh but i dont want to be a rice boi , i think my latch that i have now is OK i dunno untill i get my hood. :(
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i ghetto rigged my latch too, and i'm always afraid it's gonna come up now. i'm doing hood pins as soon as i get my new hood. also, IMO, hood pins are only ricey if they are the stick-on type...
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

I've driven an Mx-3 around with a messed up hood and latch, and I can tell you that I highly doubt the hood would ever come up while you're driving. Because of the downward slope of the front of the car, the wind just pushes the hood down while you're driving. Of course, if the front of the hood is somehow bent upwards, it might scoop in air and fly up. But that would have to be a pretty messed up hood. <P>Get it fixed, but I think you're safe for now...
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by voltaire:<BR>[QB]I've driven an Mx-3 around with a messed up hood and latch, and I can tell you that I highly doubt the hood would ever come up while you're driving. Because of the downward slope of the front of the car, the wind just pushes the hood down while you're driving. Of course, if the front of the hood is somehow bent upwards, it might scoop in air and fly up. But that would have to be a pretty messed up hood. QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>sorry to say, but after looking at some wind tunnel test results, the front bumper will direct air upwards at a certain speed and that will cause the gap between the hood and the bumper to catch air, and this will cause the hood to fly up.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”