standard castor/camber/toe specs?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
DamoV6UK
Location: The little known village of Mortimer near Reading in sunshine drenched England

standard castor/camber/toe specs?

Post by DamoV6UK »

Hi all

Does anyone have these as im wearing the outside edge of my front tyres down in a matter of months and its gettin expensive!!

Im going to take it in for a full alignment but want to be armed with the factory figures - just to defend against being told "we cant work on it because its lowered with 17"s etc"

Any help would be fantastic

If it makes any difference its a V6.

Thx
MX3 V6 - Modified to include lots of bits such as a Poppy Coral air freshener...
If you see a red MX shattering the tranquility of the Berkshire countryside... Give us a wave!!
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

If they tell you they can't align it because it' lowered then leave the shop because they either don't want to do it or the are idiots and don't know how to align a car. I worked at anlignment shop so I know quite a bit about it. All the alignment angle's on our car is adjustable. The only angle they might have Trouble with is Camber. If camber is so far out of spec then you will have to get camber bolts put in one of the strut spindle bolts, this will cost extra but it might be the only way to get all the angles in spec.

Before you go in for an alignment make sure you have no loose or worn parts in your front or rear end.
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

Would I have to get an allignment after lowering my car?
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

many places will refuse to align a lowered car because:

1. if its on coilovers and height is adjusted, the alignment needs to be redone.

2. many times lowered cars need to use crash bolts to get it within spec and a customer can and may complain if it is not within factory specs

94blaze1.6 - u dont need to get an alignment after lowering your car but you will pay for it with tire life and handling.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”