Altezza Chrome and Black Tailights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Babymx3

Altezza Chrome and Black Tailights

Post by Babymx3 »

Im a newbie here and I just got a 93 MX-3 GS.
I wanted to know how are the altezza tail lamps?
I know a guy thats willing to do a groupbuy, but what it a good groupbuy price?

Thanks
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

welcome, have you checked ebay ?
illapino

Post by illapino »

how are the altezza taillamps?
they're hell of a lot better looking than the stock ones

ebay has them for $60 then $60 shipping, something like that
but for some reason i got my auto store to get some in from cAlifornia: $290. I think Andy's AutoSport.
This is a similar price as CorkSport and Pakfeifer, so i don't mind ...

they're completely plug-and-play which is funderful
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

I paided for my CF tails and the seal on them sucks water gets in.. but the lights look sweet! I got mine for 60 bucks and 20 shipped.

1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

I dont care for Altezzas. They are a bit too Honda/rice for me.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Getting a set (chrome, black, CF) off ebay, would probably be the most cost effective. Before installing it's always been advisable to do a bead of an appropriate colour of silicone around each seal. Preferrably, in a warm environment to ensure the silicone will flow completely around the complete sealed area. Allow to dry sufficiently and then install - plug and play. Having said that there is a bit of a trick to removing the rear lights so as not to break any locking tabs - ask me..... I know personally (twice - don't ask :( ).
g/l
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
illapino

Post by illapino »

yeah, moisture also somehow gets into one of my taillights: the moisture collects near the white signal somehow, although i know that the seal is worst where the taillights are nearest to the trunk lock.

it was a biatch installing mine because one of my plugs that anchored in my oem taillights would not come out! just would not! it really pissed me off, so i had to shove my altezzas in with all the plugs still installed (rather than having the plugs on the altezza and plugging the altezza in straight on). With the plugs still stuck in your car, you have to slide the altezza sideways, which only works if you pull up and break one of the black plastic rubbers on the top of the altezza that seams with the trunk lid.. probably you don't know what i'm talking about, but when you're at the installation yourself, u may have to do the same

"rice"? ..no... not the black altezzas. they're more like: "way better than the lame boring dum dee dum dum stock taillights, hoo ha" ... i leave my car parked at pay meters downtown when i work at night, so the red halos are always glowing in darkness for all to see .. .. .. :twisted:
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Was never a fan of the Altezza lights. Some they look ok, other's they look like crap/cheap, depends on what color you get and what color the car is. Black tends to look good. Silver cna look cheap, especially if it clashs with the color of the car

Myself, I did the Stock-Altezza Hybrid. Altezza chassis behind the stock lense. Rx-7 style as it can be called. I find it looks not too bad, but looks really good at night.

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
illapino

Post by illapino »

Nd4SpdSeKlze: 148 hp / 148 tq ... still can't wrap my head around it
:(
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

i dont really like the look of them... espeically with them moisturing up

for the price of a 4 dollar can of paint i redded mine out which i think look just as good if not better
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Hoodzy wrote:i dont really like the look of them... espeically with them moisturing up

for the price of a 4 dollar can of paint i redded mine out which i think look just as good if not better
Agreed. I painted the orange parts red then tinted mine.

Yeah, yeah, I know I need to lower my car.
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Was never a fan of the Altezza lights. Some they look ok, other's they look like crap/cheap, depends on what color you get and what color the car is. Black tends to look good. Silver cna look cheap, especially if it clashs with the color of the car

Myself, I did the Stock-Altezza Hybrid. Altezza chassis behind the stock lense. Rx-7 style as it can be called. I find it looks not too bad, but looks really good at night.

Oddly enough this is the first time I'v ever seen this done...It looks good. I was planning on tinting my stock tails but after seeing this I think I'm going to do this and then tint them. If you don't mind me borrowing your idea that is. Did the seals match up good?
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Jacbs2007 wrote: Oddly enough this is the first time I'v ever seen this done...It looks good. I was planning on tinting my stock tails but after seeing this I think I'm going to do this and then tint them. If you don't mind me borrowing your idea that is. Did the seals match up good?
Lol, not at all, the more the merrier! It's not an original idea by me. I remember the idea, someone just put the stock lenses nfront of his set of altezza. Lol, i remember it being held on with a broom stick i believe. I really liked it, original yet suttle. I believe only one or two other's have done it, and before me, so I definitely can't take credit for it.

The seals match up perfectly. The only thing that's a tad off are the little clips, but that's no big deal, they dont do much anyway. The hard part is taking the lenses off the stock housing :?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah if you dont seal it leaks :( i sealed mine and moisture still gets in there, my next pair ill do that. :) I personally dont like the oem style..or chrome. Black or cf for me :) Im thinking of removing the lens like some people have done and then painting the same color as car.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Babymx3

Post by Babymx3 »

Is 75 Shipped a good price for the tail lights?
I really want to get the black type.
I just want to make sure thats a good price for brand new lights.

Return to “Appearance”