Engine siezed up!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Red_MX3_92

Engine siezed up!!!

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

What should i do that will be easier and faster to do...
BP SWAP
Put another DOHC back in...
and its gettin pretty damn cold here now! and i dun got a garage.
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well if you dont have a garage and no place you can take it to get it done.. and cant have a shop do the work for you.. I would recommend swapping in another DOHC B6DE engine.. it will be plug and play and you dont have to research anything and you dont have to spend time finding the extra parts you would need to get the BP running. I am assuming you need to have the car back ASAP and this is my recommendation for that situation.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

thats what i'm thinking but how much work and what would i have to expect in the BP swap caz i found a motor from a 93 protege for a really good price and can't find a dohc yet
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well I am not an authority on the BP.. I havent worked on one.. I havent swapped one.. and I havent researched one.. Ariesdude has done it though.. even managed to do it with a ATX even. AtlantaMX-3 has a journal of his trials and tribulations of his swap. So maybe research some of the stuff those guys have done. Though if you buy the whole Protege.. you should have all the parts you need to do the swap if I recall correctly. I'd still check with Atlanta or Ariesdude and see what they say. Make sure you ask Atlanta if you can install a Rotary in your MX-3 too ;) LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”