CARS HAVING ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS PLS HELP!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Red_MX3_92

CARS HAVING ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS PLS HELP!

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

I use to have a 92 mx3 with 245k km and didn't have 1 problem with it for almost a year till it got smashed up now i have a 1995 b6 DOHC 5spd, and ever since i got it i had nothing but problems first electrical problem, then i had to get a new clutch, then my headgasket blew and i had to replace it was fun though learned alot about the engine, and now in the last 2-3 weeks after driving for a bit when i came to a stop or idle the rpm was going up and down but didn't stall only once, but that went away right after about 30 min, and this thurs i decided to go to the movies and see the departed and on the way there from picking up my friend and when i was starting to go in first and 2nd somthing started screwng up, as if it was choking or it was running on 3 cylinders, but that was only in 1, 2nd i thought it was nothing the went to the movie after the movie on the highway it started screwing up majorly when i went to give it gas it seamed like it would choke and go slower so i got off at the next exit caz it was at 60 kph on the highway and when i got to the stop sign the car just died! then i tried to start it it would turn but not fire. the i pushed it to the side with my buddies and waited for my friend to pick us up and tried to start it again, it seamed like it was trying but no... the next day i called the tow truck to bring my car and when it got in the driveway it started!!! there goes 80 bux... but when i tried to reverse and park the car properly it start to run like 3 cylinders again. and after about a min it died and i tried starting it up and it wouldn't start.

so this is what i did so far... i put in a new feul filter that wasn't fun at all, and the feul inside the filter was so dirty it was disgusting seamed like i should done that b4, but that wasn't the problem, so i switched the feul injectors from the 92 sohc to this 95 dohc and it still wouldn't fire but i saw after the feul filter and injectors that it was getting feul. so then i changed my perspectiong to the igintion. and i took off the disty cap and rotor and saw it was worn to s---, the rotor was hitting the inside plastic of the disty cap and the rotor had no life left and wires wern't all that great. so now i'm waiting till my dad gets home from work so that he can buy me new wires, cap and rotor, and i really hope that that will fix the problem.

conclusions are i dunno if its the disty cap rotor or wires,)forgot to mention i got bosch platinum 2 spark plugs during the head gasket swap) pls give me some ideas to find out what the could be...

brb gona go try to start the car now after its been sitting 24hr...
and darm wont start... tries but no... after those injectors and screwing with the plugs, wires, cap , rotor nada.... PLS HELP

i'm 80% sure its the disty cap and rotor with the wire but u can never take the chance so i came here for more help... thats what this place is for right;)
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

Why do i always have to write so much...
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Sounds like your coil is gone to me. Something similar happened to me before. If you can, try another coil. Or check your spark by putting a screwdriver in one of the plug wires and putting it close to a ground while someone is cranking the car. Umm do not hold on to the screwdriver.. youll probally get a shock. My vote is the coil is fried.

Any check engine light?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

i can't tell it doesn't start at all but when i turn the ignition yea its there...
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

ya sounds like a disty problem, if your crank angle sensor is gone in the disty the car wont start. can someone second me on this one, when mine went out the car wouldnt turn over
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

well i dunno bout the disty sounds like an expensive problem first i'll try with the rotor and cap and it looks like sh!t and its the cheapest way to go...
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

ya thats your best bet for now, did you test the disty? using a volt meter and checking the voltage your getting, try that after you mess with the cap/rotor.
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

yea i'll try that on 2 terms... first i'll wait till tomorrow caz its 9:30pm hear and second how would i do that with a voltmetre i know my dad has one around here somewhere...
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

do you have a chiltons manual? if not its on the online shop manual
G-G26 and just follow the procedure and tell us your findings, then we can rule it out or not.
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

F*** i just found out that its none of the stuff here, i'm screwed, i screwed myself i guess when i was doing the headgasket i screwed somthing up somwhere and i lost oil slowly and my engine siezed up!!!!

and ideas what i should do now i and i need somthing asap!!!
i can't work without my car so i dunno what to do...
i was thinking the bp swap... or put another dohc in...
ideas pls...
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

go on ebay and look for some low mileage engines, and you can just put it in, not sure if you wana do a full rebuild but look on car-part.com has some dohc engines. good luck sorry bout that bad news haha my car lost control and almost hit someone today hah.
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

thx for the advice... and watch ur drivin lol

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”