if your door wont lock,

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
snkcld

if your door wont lock,

Post by snkcld »

can you pass texas state inspection?

also, if the inspectors pop the hood and see youve modded your car, will they press extra bs on you? iono, like, say you had a customized air intake system?

also, if my bulb still works, and i remove the whole casing and all for it, and replace it with some other company's casing, thats legal right?
torpedan

Re: if your door wont lock,

Post by torpedan »

snkcld wrote: can you pass texas state inspection?
Yes, the inspection does not cover any of the locking mechanisms.

snkcld wrote: also, if the inspectors pop the hood and see youve modded your car, will they press extra bs on you? iono, like, say you had a customized air intake system?
There are not reserctions on modificing your car in texas. There are however laws that prevent you from being able to remove emmsions devices from your car. So if you have removed your PCV valve and replaced it with a breather or removed a CAT. you can be failed.
snkcld wrote: also, if my bulb still works, and i remove the whole casing and all for it, and replace it with some other company's casing, thats legal right?
Only if its a DOT approved replacement. Which in that case its safe to assume no, its very rare for a company to actualy get these because no one really gives a f--- about it. If you change out your lenses save the old one, its a hit or miss on which inspectors will pass or fail you for this.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”