Limegreen MX-3 - 92 MX-3 RS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Limegreen mx-3

Limegreen MX-3 - 92 MX-3 RS

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

For this project i am trying to do a all-motor setup with a 92 mazda mx-3 RS with the 1.8 dohc bp with a 2000 kia trans with a mazda bell houseing.

The propose of this is to make a simple track car only and seeing what kind on times or how much power the BP can make it its OEM state. when i can no longer make it go any faster them comes biulding it up to compete with the honda All motor. This is a project that will take time am thinking 3years to be where i want to be. the goal for right nowis to have a low 14 sec BP MX-3 but the long term goal is to be around 250-300whp and al least a high 9 low 10 sec all motor BP MX-3.

Car Black 1992 Mazda MX-3 RS

Engine Bay Specs=

Bone Stock 1.8 DOHC BP Stock Internals
Eletromotive TEC II
330 cc injecters
Walbro 190
Unorthdox UDP
Custom header made by Pro AM
ACT pressure plate stock disc
F-series trans for now

Strip interior no AC/PS nothing under the dash only a seat and where ever i can loose weight for a all motor project.

working on the 2000 Kia sohpie trans changeinmg out the bell houseing since it will not bolt up to the BP. So i am using a mazda LX trans bell housing so tha i can use the 2000 kia trans.

Here are some pic

This is my all motor BP project I am still working on my turbocharged SOHC project which i will post another worklog on the TURBO SOHC PROJECT

The White MX-3 is the Turbo SOHC Project & the Black MX-3 is the All Motor BP Project
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on October 7th, 2006, 4:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

2000 kia trans Pic above

Kia diff, bigger spider gears than the BP diff

Mazda LX bell housing with the kia trans case

another pic of it far top right kia trans

Mazda BP LX Bell housing case

2000 kia bell houseing case notice a difference
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

sup dude, we got a looooot to catch up on lmao. send me a pm some time and we will catch up, ill just tell you, i started a good paying career been there for 2 weeks now, me and my gf are having a baby and shes healthy and not feeling sick this time. and i got my own place im moving in to the 13th!
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Well this is the 92 Mazda MX-3 i saved from a family that abuse it and well just didn't care about the MX-3 in anyway I got her for $300 bucks. I knew she need some work to be street legal again but things change and i decide to turn her into a track car for my own personal fun race use.

It needs some work I need a front bumper and driver side mirror but it will get done in time. here are some pic on the exterior interior and engine bay.

Black 1992 Mazda MX-3 RS that i am doing my all-motor BP project she needs some work but it will be a TRACK MX-3 ONLY

Pic of my 1bar map sensor

This is my old BP from my white MX-3 its bolted up to the f-series trans for now untill the kia/mazda trans is done

When the TEC II is installed the dissy and coil pack will be removed as well as the nasty VAF hahaha

another pis of the engine bay

Talk about gutted strip interior wonder how much she'll weight when its up and running

So is the back

Image what ever i didn't need under tha dash i took out i got a lot of junk in the MX-3 which will come to use in time.
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on October 6th, 2006, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

Limegreen: congratulations nick!

thanks man! oh man thats rough hopefully it goes good
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Nick is not my name sohcmazda mx-3
Boris

Post by Boris »

Why you goin all motor?

And how's the turbo sohc comin man? That should be kickass
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Boris wrote:Why you goin all motor?

And how's the turbo sohc comin man? That should be kickass
Well Boris i have two MX-3 bodys and since i had to swap out my BP from my white MX-3 and put back the 1.6 sohc i decide to put the bp in my black MX-3. slap a standalone strip it and have fun at the track if i break it its not my daily and am not stuck without a ride.

why not go all motor with a lighten MX-3 with a BP i have yet to hear a BP MX-3 running low 14 all motor without any Turbo or Bottle i ran a 15.6 with a full interior on my white MX-3. iam broke 24/7 because of the 2 projects iam doing.

But i can get my all motor project up and running a lot faster than the turbo sohc project am still waiting on the GT32 turbo and a trigger kit for the tec II for my timing.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:
why not go all motor with a lighten MX-3 with a BP i have yet to hear a BP MX-3 running low 14 all motor without any Turbo or Bottle i ran a 15.6 with a full interior on my white MX-3.
I have heard of one. There is one up here in WA. It is a Covey Junk Yard MX-3. They put a BP in it, Shaved the head, Stripped it, and did some other stuff. I think it ran low 14's or something crazy. I don't remember. But it was cool... I remember seeing a pic somewhere but I don't remember where. They did all lexan windows and a lot of stripping...
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

BuGS wrote:
Limegreen mx-3 wrote:
I have heard of one. There is one up here in WA. It is a Covey Junk Yard MX-3. They put a BP in it, Shaved the head, Stripped it, and did some other stuff. I think it ran low 14's or something crazy. I don't remember. But it was cool... I remember seeing a pic somewhere but I don't remember where. They did all lexan windows and a lot of stripping...

Could u find some more info on that, i plan on doing lexan later on that stuff $$$ and better than glass.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Map senor relocated and injecter harness removed a new harness will be made with the TEC II setup
another pic still working on it
One stock manifold the other will all the BS removed
Talk about distyless wheer did it go and that fram oil filter got to go stp or anything better tham fram
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while but good find man. Keep me updated. This Kia Transmission stuff must be spreading like wildfire in this forum lol. If I don't go AWD I might do a kia swap too :P. But I think I rather do AWD. Nice phone on the wiper cowl lmao.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

well change of plans i'll be turbo the BP with a SC61 leaveing off where rick left off on a stock BP pretty much rick old setup on the his MX-3pic below/ Ric will be putting a FS engine in the MX-3. lates update

mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

looks awesome man, how are you guys doing with the b6me build up, are you still doing it? what are you at for hp now?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:looks awesome man, how are you guys doing with the b6me build up, are you still doing it? what are you at for hp now?
when i find another 92-93 MAZDA MX-3 body i'll do the B6ME turbo.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”