K8 Temperature

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Max, I checked everything last weekend, I spent two days in garage, exchanged two head cover gaskets and trying to find out why temp of my engine is higher.. so.. the last thing I can do is to exchange radiator and thermostat. :( I've put picture here just to show what my gauge shows and I can see there's at least one member who has the same temp of engine.
What if.. gauge for Europe was different to gauge for the USA?
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

how long have you owned the car and was it always like that?

if you have bled everything correctly then dont be worried.
v4NDALu wrote:my normal temprature is there :?
every possibility was suggested. im sure that if this is your case the gauge or temp sensor may be off.
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

I bought the car 10 days ago or so.. I was told the temp was normal in this position, but I am not sure. I think it should be in the middle. I will exchange the radiator and I will let you know all on this forum.

Anyway, I like this car very much (except for the very light ticking noise coming from engine from time to time, not all the time).. :) When I finish it next spring (new paint etc.) I will post some pictures then, or if you're interested how it looks nowadays, I can send some pictures now. :wink:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

My temp was over half.

After i changed radiator itsa millimeter lower than half.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

hgallegos915 wrote:My temp was over half.

After i changed radiator itsa millimeter lower than half.
Fantastic news for me! Hope a new radiator will do the same with my temperature. :) The first fantastic news this night, I can sleep well now, it is 1:01 in the morning here.. :D
v4NDALu

Post by v4NDALu »

a stupid question... can be a difference in the model's from Europe / USA ?? maybe the teamprature it's ok and just "other facts" that are causing that situation.. because of the difference of humidity and things like that :oops:
92' mazda mx3 k8 v6
max kl

Post by max kl »

did you replace the temp sender for the gauge? the 1 wire one.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
okingo

Post by okingo »

Im from the UK (sunny South) and the pic you have displayed of the Temp guage is exactly the same as what mine allways reads. Eather you do have a problem or I do as well??
MX-3 V6 - K8 - Alpine Stereo, Amps, Speakers ICE. Power flow stainless custom exhaust system cat back and de-cat pipe. Induction kit next.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Steve_SK wrote:Max, I checked everything last weekend, I spent two days in garage, exchanged two head cover gaskets and trying to find out why temp of my engine is higher.. so.. the last thing I can do is to exchange radiator and thermostat. :( I've put picture here just to show what my gauge shows and I can see there's at least one member who has the same temp of engine.
What if.. gauge for Europe was different to gauge for the USA?
if you have a leak, no amount of parts will fix the abnormal temperature until the leak is taken care of. you are wasting your time and money on changing the head gaskets because its more likely than not, the temperature issue is caused by the leak letting air get into the cooling system
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

That is normal for the temperature gauge to be at that level. Mine has been like that for 2 years and it is normal for European V6 cars to have it that high. No issue mate! :wink:
'92 GS
My worklog
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

So probably I was right when I said there is a difference in gauge on EU and US models.. Or not? :)
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Steve_SK wrote:I took picture today of my temperature gauge, what do you think, is it OK or high temp?

Yes tahts fine. My ZE sits right there too. so did the k8. the thermostats in our cars are 180degree's I read somwhere that you can get a 170 and it will make the gauge sit directly in the middle. I would jsut stick with the 180 and not worry about your gauge. I've been in other mx-3's and they are just like that. just watch it doesn't go higher. and the european gaughe cluster is different eh. Theres a low washer light(i wouldn't mind that to replace my chgeck engine) and the High beam indicator is there insead of under teh tach or is that for the fog lights?

btw you need gas soon
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

mx3autozam: hehehe :lol: It is not that easy to see gas light off.. In the left bottom is light for fog lights. And back to my temp, may I exchange thermostat for '170-degree' one? I don't think I can get it here, so maybe it is more possible to buy it from Canada or USA. Will it be better for the engine? Maybe for oil and its temperature? Thank you.
Anyway, I bought new radiator few days ago, heh..
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Steve....you have no problem.
my temp has been at that exact spot (which is actually at 5/8th) for the last 241 000 km on my K8, my DE, AND my ZE engines over 4 years.
that's where it's supposed to sit....but it does kinda make u feel uncomfortable since there's so little room till red line.

if you're really concerned, see if you can find RedLine "Water Wetter", it's supposed to make the coolant more effective thus making your cooling system work less.

Though you should see if you can track down the leak....might want to check the hose that goes from the filler neck to the rad...i recently had that replaced on mine.
And you do need gas... :P
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

A little off-topic, I still haven't exchanged radiator and thermostat, but I put some gas in my MX3 and took her for a drive today and made one picture for you all as promised. :) And I refinished the paint, so she looks very good..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”