V6 - Brakes

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Steve_SK

V6 - Brakes

Post by Steve_SK »

I've read Brakes FAQ, but haven't found answer I need. I have problem with NEW brakes. I bought 4 BREMBO rotors and Nipparts brake pads and put it on my car. I also checked calipers and cleaned and greased sliders, they move smooth and easy. I have also exchanged brake fluid (DOT4). My problem is pulsating brake pedal. :( And after 100 km my brakes make squeezing noise. :( Where's the problem? I really don't know.. Everything is new and caliper moves perfectly on sliders. Please help, I don't want to damage my new brakes. Thank you!!
twoie

Post by twoie »

Do you still have the OEM flex lines? If they are old/original; maybe this is the problem. Just a thought

twoie
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Yes, I have OEM flex lines, they look OK and I think they are not causing the problem.. I forgot to mention there's no air in the brake/clutch circuit. I have one idea, but.. could it be stuck brake pad causing brake pedal pulsing?
max kl

Post by max kl »

brake pedal pulsation is not hydrolic.
i has to be 1 or more of the rotors are warped or are not mounted on a flat hud surface.
also lug nut tourqe must be even if you used an impact than loosen all lugs and retourqe them with the cars weight off of the wheels.
to find the suspected rotor spinn each wheel and see if any do not spinn freely or seem to spin stop spin stop . [trans in neutral]
the wheel that has that problem needs to be torn back apart look for rust on the hub surface where the rotor makes contact. if all clean than replace the rotor in question.
a new part is more likley to be bad than a rotor with 100k miles. think of the manufactor screwin up or the shipping n handling damaging the part
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

did u bed in the pads after installing?

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_bedinstock.shtml
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you have ABS it can cause a pulsating effect too. MY Celica does it like mad and the dealer and other owners say it is "normal". I swear if the MX did it, I'd take the ABS off, but since it is my fiance's car I guess it can stay. If no ABS then I'd bet on a warped rotor or unseated rotor also. Turning the wheel is the best way to find the offending rotor.
After all that brake work I'd buy some stainless brake lines to compliment all the other good stuff. Trust me it is worth the 100 bucks and having to bleed the lines again.
As for the squeeking, some anti-squeek on the back of the pads should clear that right up. I've not heard of your brake pad company, but some performance brakes squeek no matter what you do. It is a after effect of having such a soft compound.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”