Broken Shifter Bushing?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Matt93GS

Broken Shifter Bushing?

Post by Matt93GS »

I've had my 93 GS for a month and love it. I have to fix the shifter and i'm not sure what to ask for; the previous owner pushed the shifter through the floor and now it rests on top of the exhaust pipe. The only thing that looks broken is what is housing the shifter to the body. I can still shift easily but I want to install a B&M short shifter and upgrade to all bronzoil bushings. Thank You in advance.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

theres apiece of rubber that holds it into teh base. Its broken from years of Rust. You pretty much need a new one. Check junbkyards or the mazda dealership. Its about $200 there

Theres a clip that holds it up if it ever falls but it will still be sloppy. Mine did it the first day I drove my klze. I puta hold through it like others have to hold it up. But the shifting is not as smooth. I would buy a new one if I were you.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
max kl

Post by max kl »

the part you need is the shifter base. the part has the cup the shifter sits in and a retangular pad with 4 bolts holding it to the floor pan of the car. the other side of the part connects to the engine. not the shift rod its the other rod that bolts to the engine block.

this part wears and breaks only it the engine is moving to much from worn engine mounts. . so if you only fix the shifter base and not the motor mounts than you will break another one.

unless you are rollen on 22s than you wont want a new part. you will probabky have to get one used.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Theres an anti drop shifter bracket that a guy on here has sold in the past. Do some searching and contact him, maybe he has more to sell
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Custommx3 wrote:Theres an anti drop shifter bracket that a guy on here has sold in the past. Do some searching and contact him, maybe he has more to sell
ya but heres q questions. taht bracket just stops teh shifter from falling downa nd hitting the exhaust..Will it still be sloppy shifting once it does fall down.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

btw here is the link to the bracket

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=44745
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Matt93GS

Post by Matt93GS »

Thanks alot for your replies. I'm heading to the junkyard this week, ordering that bracket and all the bronzoil bushings. I've always driven North American and now I realize the love affair with the Japanese. Over the next year I hope to get this car up to the level I've been reading about. This site is very useful and I look forward to become a regular member. Thanks again.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”