CRANKS, FUEL and NO SPARK

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3ak

CRANKS, FUEL and NO SPARK

Post by MX3ak »

2 days ago, it was running fine. 100km's trip done fine as usual.

Since yesterday, it CRANKS BUT DONT RUN and I know there's FUEL INJECTED because I can smeel it at engine bay.
Also know, there's NO SPARK coming from the disty and wondering why...

I've been all day studing this situation. I've been following the sympton troubleshooting in the WORKSHOP MANUAL and I have some specific questions.

a) At page G-22, step 4 (page G-27). My readings for the PRIMARY COLL were 0.90. Is this a so big diference from specification (0.49 - 0.73) to not shoot a single spark?

b) At page G-22, step 6. Should we measure the voltage with the harness connected or not?
In my situation, I have a positive voltage reading ONLY if it's connected.
Note: That point of measure as show in page G-20 is the DATA LINK CONECTOR.

c) Page G-22, step 7. What is the PCM or ECM?
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
max kl

Post by max kl »

it sounds like you have a bad coil or modual.
if you have ign+ voltage to coil and no output but you also still have injector pulse so cam & crank sensor inside didtrubtor are still working. you can do the hei & coil mod or get another dis.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Today, went to store and got the ignition module for the HEI mod as max kl sugested. 8)
The module, here in Europe is for old cars like Seat Ibiza 1.5, Alfa Romeo's, Lancia's and Renault 9. Even found one at the scrapyard accopled to a dissipator and a coil, it was like a all in one piece. :lol:
Just the price the man wanted was not "all in one" :roll:
Finished by getting only the coil and a connecting cable from the scrapyard.

Doing the "hack" was very hard specially the scene were you link the coil to the disty's cap. :?

Anyway, it worked at first time. It was allready dark and had to put the spark cables with a tiny pocket light. :twisted:

Dudes. It was like having an orgasm when I cranked that car and it worked out! :P

Just wanted to thank one more time, this wonderfull forum for helped me out one more time! :wink:

One more thing... Be carefull not adjust the disty with HEI when the car is running like you could do without the HEI. You can get a huge electric shock like I did. :oops:

peace out :)
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
max kl

Post by max kl »

cooool ! nice dude!
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

You gota shock fropm adjusting the timing..Then obviously you havn't sealed the connection for the coil to the cap very well. and may caquse problems down the road.

I would also recomend using a kzle distributor sicne it ahs the extra tower for an external coil.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”