timing questions

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

timing questions

Post by Bumpysbro »

Well since im still waiting for my fpr adapter to get here me and my dad decided to fittle with some other stuff. theres two timing marks on the crank pulley. if you look at it like a clock.

first mark is at 12 o clock
second mark is 1 o clock.

we first timed it at 10degrees by the first mark which made the second mark appear at TDC. and it basically runs like crap but no pinging.

we thought oh were doing it at the wrong mark so now we put the first mark at 0 so it makes the other one at 10degrees. now we get more power but it pings. this car is totally out of wack lol. we know the regulator is dead but the timing seems totally off. any thoughts?

my dad ran the car on the freeway and we timed the 0-60.
our car basically stops accelerating at 65 and wont go over 70. and our 0-60 is about 19.5 seconds by my watch. and i got a new exedy clutch in there. getting around 190psi across the board and no cell lights. very strange. i want to resolve this myself before taking it to some mechanic who before said changed my timing and my idle and did not and actually messed it up worse lol.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Check a manual like chiltons or Alldata, you guys are messing up the timeing. Its hard to say what you did but its odvious its wrong and you two need to start over.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Check a manual like chiltons or Alldata, you guys are messing up the timing. Its hard to say what you did but its odvious its wrong and you two need to start over.
:werd:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

ok thanks guys
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”