why do some people call it mx3 ze a GSR

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

why do some people call it mx3 ze a GSR

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok.. I know alot of people are probably going to get mad... BUT..

Why call an mx3 ze a GSR? Is that not like comparing to an acura?

I dont think mazda would have called it the GSR. People mean R as in racing? Kinda like the civic type R. I know my car looks like rice but I would never dare call it a GSR. Its just an mx3. What are all of yours opinion? I respect everyone's opinion btw.

I prefer local people now know that I got a ze tho. The shock in their faces is a great reward for your swaps.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

the v6 is a GS, the R usually means it is a higher model or a rarity of somesort. So doing a swap can make is a GSR or a GSZE, not a very hard thing to figure out. It has nothing to do with Acura IMO.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

people started adding "R" during the whole type R craze. If it were to be badged by mazda it would more then likely be badged the mx-3 GT.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I like mx3 GT but i guess that would apply to a de mx3.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well,my guess it would be in relation to the GSR of an Integra, but it does make sence. The Integra has a RS and GS models (as well as an LS in the middle). The next step, a swapped GS with a KLZE could be a GSR. The integra GSR has 200hp, as wellas would be an ZE Mx-3. Add that with the type-r craze, and it does in a sence make sence.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Well,my guess it would be in relation to the GSR of an Integra, but it does make sence. The Integra has a RS and GS models (as well as an LS in the middle). The next step, a swapped GS with a KLZE could be a GSR. The integra GSR has 200hp, as wellas would be an ZE Mx-3. Add that with the type-r craze, and it does in a sence make sence.

umm mike the integra gsr is 170hp..the type r is 200hp
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

hgallegos915 wrote:I like mx3 GT but i guess that would apply to a de mx3.
well then if you wanna mark all the cars it would probably go as such

RS = stock 4 banker
GS = V6
R/T = turbo 4 cyl
GT = DE
GTS= ZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

See i like those :)

cept the gsr, makes us wanna be inegras.
-hec

atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

mx3autozam wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:Well,my guess it would be in relation to the GSR of an Integra, but it does make sence. The Integra has a RS and GS models (as well as an LS in the middle). The next step, a swapped GS with a KLZE could be a GSR. The integra GSR has 200hp, as wellas would be an ZE Mx-3. Add that with the type-r craze, and it does in a sence make sence.

umm mike the integra gsr is 170hp..the type r is 200hp
Well TECHNICALLY.. its 195hp for the Type R
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Who cares, call it what ever you want sine it was never made. Personally i think mx3 gt sounds...crappy. GS-R sounds better since it uses the GS thats the car is already named. I also like GS-ZE.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

lol, agree

For a while, people were using these naming schemes

RS
GS
RSR
GSR
RSR-T

I don't think I've ever seen GSR-T or GS-T used before.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

atlantamx3 wrote: umm mike the integra gsr is 170hp..the type r is 200hp
Well TECHNICALLY.. its 195hp for the Type R[/quote]

totally correct!

195 hp type r = 200ps
195hp klze = 200ps

really tho i think 200ps is closer to 197 hp :wink:

gsr is fine for evo's and integra's but they come with that badging from the factory. its a common swap now so why not just the people that know know and the people that dont wonder.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

HECTOR be honest is this about my

MAZDA
G S R
look it up

i did it because at the time there was only another ze in the 915 area and noone even knew about it so when i got mine i wanted it to be known that i cared about my mx and i had more than just a drop and rims so i went ahead and got it done..... this was bacause there is a link some where on this web site and it says "MX-3 GSR" and so thats where i got it from
the look it up part was so that people didnt think i put a honda b18 motor and would rise the curiosity of a "MAZDA GSR" go to google or yahoo or what ever type in mx-3 gsr and it will show pix of klze mx-3 ..... thats why i went with GSR and not MX03 Jdm, or GS-ze
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Imma label mine mx3-ZE :) Imma see if i can get plates like that.

It was not about your car tho. I had seen it here. A local friend asked me if I had an acura engine.. lol
-hec

timpronk

Post by timpronk »

How about a GSS (super sport I think), as in the chevy camaro ss? Different and not acura related. Using the same style as the "s" that is already on the gs.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”