Read the FAQ's and still have a few questions on tuning

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
andy

Post by andy »

Cost is the reason for the turbo, $300 shipped with a 6 month quarantee.
The 220cc injectors are used on all the 2.5L motors including the 200hp KLZE. At 10psi I figured I was at approx. 200 hp. The FMU, Fuel managment unit, is used to raise fuel pressure when it sees boost. I have an 8:1 ratio unit but they come in many different ratios. So for every 1 psi of boost it is supposed to raise my fuel pressure by 8psi.
The setup I have has a reputation of not being very reliable and from what I have read would probably agree. In the not so distant future I will be installing Meqasquirt, its a standalone/piggy back for the ECU.
I'm not sure if you have been to a site called Probetalk but there are alot of boosted 2.5L's on there and even more good information.

I have only seen one picture of a twin turboed K series motor and that was not installed in a car. it should make for a very unique K8

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
Big G

Post by Big G »

Understandable there, cost is always the issue for everything.

Thanks for explainging the FMU, over here we call them AFPR (Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulators) though as you saif they are a touch crude in there fule control and apiggy back alike the SAFC2 would be alot better

I may have to have a look onprobe site see if I can find a twin setup!!

Hope it wil be unique! would be nice to say its the only one in the world :lol:
Don't hunt what you can't kill

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”