Help needed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92GSV6

Help needed

Post by 92GSV6 »

Alright,i own a 92 mx3 GS.i was sitting in my buddies driveway the other night after gettting back from town.i jumped out of the car in a hurry and it was still in 2nd,and the car stalled.when i went to start it again it wound over twice (slowly) and that was it..this is where it gets weird.. i thought it was the starter,so i tried to jump it and it wouldn't jump start in 1st,2nd or reverse,so i tried crosssing the silonoid and that didn't even make a spark..so something's up..i have all the power to my lights and gauges,but the car won't even click when i try to turn it over.Now im thinking it might be my clutch actuator,but other then that im stumped.can anyone help?

P.S:for the past little while the car has had a whinney starter..whirling over a couple times before it fires,kinda sounded like it was missing or something..i checked the ground to it and cleaned it and that did nothing.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated!
Have a heavy foot?redline the b----,life's to short to mis-shift
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

sounds like your battery went out
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
92GSV6

Post by 92GSV6 »

yeah,i thought that too,so i tried to jump it and nothing happened,but i stil have lights,dash lights,headlights (hi,low) and it would still jump start wouldn't it?mind you it was on gravel but i've jumped 4.3l S10's on gravel and and these motor's can't have more compression than those.
Have a heavy foot?redline the b----,life's to short to mis-shift
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

huh, I'd bet the K8 compression is higher, but I doubt that is the issue. If it won't ark then you have a power issue. It is doubtful that enough grounds on the motor failed so that it is not completing the circuit so I'd check the power at the starter and then if htat is ok check the engine grounds. If those check out with no impedence then I'd check the battery voltage. After that I'd takethe battery and starter to a parts shop and let them check both.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”