To Supercharge a KL-ZE ...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Anyone live in VA with a V6 MX-3 that is seriously looking to super charge it? Or anyone willing to bring me the car and purchase the needed parts once the system is designed? I'd be willing to do it for a very low price and make jigs from the kit so I can reproduce it for others if there is enough interest. I can only do the kit for what I can get my hands on though....unless...someone could take a lot of pictures with accurate dimensions and that process would be very time consuming. I like the link posted with the SC mounted to the intake manifold but the runners don't need to be no where near that long as a roots style blower makes loads of low end torque. I've never liked the SC kits with the long transfer shafts...thats a LOT of lost power to rotation mass!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

that set up would hit our firewall :(

Im actually in the process of getting a good shop to make me a transfer shaft. Gotta love mexico lol Also making my 2.5 inch exhaust there with warranty o.0

but yeah the shaft wont come anytime soon. I gotta pay off my ze.

I will NOT go over 5 or 6 psi at first.. i dont want to ruin a perfectly good engine. Planning on using a transfer shaft and mounting like where the probes do. Planning to use an eaton or a small mercedez supercharger. That wont happen for another 4 - 6 months tho.

You all know how stubborn i am.. ill get it done one way or the other..

Another plan i got.. is megasquirt fo sho.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
all8up

Post by all8up »

firewalls can be moved, I wonder how much u would have to move it?
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

i dunno mate, that's an awful lot of work :shock:

you might want to ask the guy for some measurements first..., just so you know what your dealing with, well, that's what i would do cos money doesn't grow on trees round here lol!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
hyperman

Post by hyperman »

It's a lot of work. I'm working on the kit for almost a year now and it's nearly finished. When using this kit you can keep the AC and no modification have to be made to the firewall. The only thing you need to adjust are the fans, battery and coolingliquid reservoir.
the kit wil also be intercooled and that took some extra time as well because of the lack of space for the piping.
One thing do not underestimate these kind of projects. Order and making partst takes a lot of time. For instance I had to make 3 transfershafts in order to get one that fits and can handle the power.
daytona blue MX-3 2.5L V6 KL-ZE, KL31 ecu, koni lowered 40mm, freeflow exhaust system (decat), centerforge race clutch, cold air intake Dynamik, front and rear strut bars reactive, OBX race headers, Akebono pro act ceramic brake pads, Techna fit steel brake lines, zimmmerman crossdrilled rotors, reverse glow gauges, spinner gauges, topmix front lip, pakfeifer skirts, pakfeifer difussor, pakfeifer wing, inverted scoop bonnet , 17" bsa rims, etc
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

PLEASE let us know when its ready :) will it be more expensive than the Turbo BB buy?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Transfershafts suck!

Literally...they suck up a lot of power!

I was thinking of using a whipple 200AX super charger with really short runners positioning the super charger where the OEM intake plenum was. With the variable length snouts they offer you can direct drive the super charger with much less power loss...much stronger power band and you can keep every thing else stock. The whipple chargers have high enough efficiency that they don't need intercooling at most of their boost range. The 200AX can flow 1567cfm of air @ 25psi of boost spinning at 14,000 rpm. It would make for one sick setup! Traction would be the fun part...which is doable :wink:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well whoever comes up wioth a BOLT on transfershaft or a way of getting a supercharger in there without major mods.. WILL become rich :) Because most of us are willing to send some money to get that done :) Someone PLEASE make a prototype. If anyone can AT least make a transfer shaft I would buy it in a heart beat. It sucks that other bolt on kits wont sell you the transfer shaft on its own. ;/
-hec

Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

well I have my planed out and ready to go and I know it will work but you ahve to emove your A/C to do it. And there is know shaft it will run where your A/C was.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I have no AC so its good to go :D let me know as soon as u get it made :D w00
-hec

Nobler

Post by Nobler »

I know this is a little old but in reply to this...
Anyone live in VA with a V6 MX-3 that is seriously looking to super charge it? Or anyone willing to bring me the car and purchase the needed parts once the system is designed? I'd be willing to do it for a very low price and make jigs from the kit so I can reproduce it for others if there is enough interest. I can only do the kit for what I can get my hands on though....unless...someone could take a lot of pictures with accurate dimensions and that process would be very time consuming. I like the link posted with the SC mounted to the intake manifold but the runners don't need to be no where near that long as a roots style blower makes loads of low end torque. I've never liked the SC kits with the long transfer shafts...thats a LOT of lost power to rotation mass!
I'm buying another MX-3 (a GS) and moving to VA soon. JWMotorsports, if you want to PM me with all the factors about what you wanna do we can talk about using my car. :D Just get in touch if you're still serious about it.
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

I wonder if this will fit in the A/C area. It's a S/C from a Mercedes Kompressor. The price is pretty attractive. The angles look good. Maybe I could relocate the rad fans to the front to make some space. I think the piping would be a pain in the butt because of the header right next to it. I'm thinking of jumping on it and giving it a shot.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

btw i gave up on supercharge and went turbo, its much easier.
-hec

Audessy

Post by Audessy »

After hearing a probe with a ZE and a supercharger I can't get that amazing sound out of my head. I'm gonna do it. I just have to get the cash to experiment.

Return to “Forced Induction”