[FS] Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 , needs repair in OH.

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
billzie

[FS] Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 , needs repair in OH.

Post by billzie »

Subarus are related to MX-3s sooo,
BTW, know anyone interested in a Suby that needs work?
I'm selling my nephews 98 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5, he moved to IL for school and never got around to fixing this thing. It books for about $6,000 if good shape, but it needs a head gasket/head job and an ABS sensor. Head gasket kit and sensor are about $400 and then the labor/machine shop. I'm hoping for $2500 thinking someone will put $1000 (parts/machine shop) plus their own labor in to it and have a 6 grand car.
Very minor body and interior issues, needs a good detail job specifics just ask. 83,xxx miles.
It's white with black/grey interior, 5spd manual, a/c, pw/pl, pw moonroof/sunroof, stock wing, BBS 16" 18 spokes, tires overall fair, stock cas/cd, fogs, etc etc.
Let me know, thanks, Bill.
91 Mecrury Tracer LTS, 5spd, pw/pl, p moon/sunroof, got BPT! (on pallet)
69 Nova, my Grandpas' car, total trainwreck gonna take 20, no, 30 years to fix
03 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LT, sorry I bought it
02 Mercury Sable Wagon LS Premium, wifes
79 Camaro Z/28, sorry I sold it
93 Mercury Tracer Wagon, Sold for scrap
91 Mercury Tracer LTS, SOLD yippee
billzie

Post by billzie »

Thanks for reply. Here's some pics:

[/img]Image
[/img]Image
[/img]Image
[/img]Image
[/img]Image
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

I'd be interested if you were closer , thats just too far to trailer a car for me ..
Good luck though
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
billzie

Post by billzie »

MazdaManiacMx3 wrote:I'd be interested if you were closer , thats just too far to trailer a car for me ..
Good luck though
C'mon, that's nothing compared to when I got each of my Tracer LTSs, I lived in Chicago at the time, the first one was near Salt Lake City Utah, the other was near D.C.

What I always did was rent a FS pick up from Enterprise, the weekend rates are usually 50% off, the chevys have the tow package usually, unlimited miles. I have a tow dolly, but one can be rented from uhaul. Rentals should be about $100 and gas right now is as low as it's been in a long time. If you have a buddy to help drive this can be a one day thing round trip.

BTW, If I spent a half day detailing this thing I'm sure it would sell uber-quick, I just don't want to put any more effort into this thing than I have to, I just sold one of my LTSs and I've got to get ready to sell my 79 Z28 when this one is gone.

HTH, Bill.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Yes Well I have access to both a pickup and a tow dolly , problem is you can't tow dolly a subaru due to the awd , and as easy as it is , I dont want to disconnect the drive shaft , I have bad luck and something crappy would happen to me .. haha , Good luck though
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

good winter driver
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
billzie

Post by billzie »

Includes replies from other boards.

Quote from: Cerevo on September 17, 2006, 05:38:10 pm
where is this located? clean looking car

Quote from: zx2angel on September 17, 2006, 08:31:59 pm
Plates look like Ohio plates

Yep, Ohio, if you looked at my profile you'd see it. Athens, in the SE part of the state and very easy access to most of the state, WV, PA, KY, IN, etc. I am right off of 4 lane US 50/OH 32/US 33 which will take you just about anywhere you need to go.

Quote from: Cerevo on September 17, 2006, 09:03:01 pm
not terribly far from me then, i'd love to take a closer look into it, can you get more pics of the engine and trunk and interor? the carpet looks like its got abunch of stains in it like the sunroof was left open in the rain or someone threw up in it lol

Anyone seriously interested in taking a look is more than welcome to stop by, em me for details. I will take a few more pics today. Yep, the carpet is pretty well shot and could use replacing, the sunroof wasn't left open but I can't gurantee no one ever threw up in it LOL, it's just a car from the country and he lived out in the boones for a while. I cleaned it up a bit, but that carpet is shot IMO. He never used floor mats, lived in the boonies, and worked construction/concrete, so yeah the carpet is junk. I believe ACC has replacement carpets for about $120 IF someone wanted to swap it out, or get a decent one from a JY for about $20.

Quote from: PcChip on September 18, 2006, 11:47:58 pm
is that model turbocharged? How much HP? Also, it looks like your nephew never waxed his car since the day he bought it, it could use a buffing job

They weren't available turbo in those years, however, they were in the other world markets and is a fairly cheap swap compared to our cars (well I have the BP in my 2nd gens). He may not have, I don't know. Realize, that car sat for a long time at his old place in the boonies near a tree, so it had it's share of sap and crap on it. It came straight here, was parked, and I took those pics. I think taking that into account it was in pretty good shape! I have since given it a quickie bath and cleaned the interior some.

Quote from: run151 on Yesterday at 09:52:57 pm
ha ha...my brother had that model as his first car.

quality vehicle...

if i remember corectly its a 2.5L Flat-Four Naturally Asperated engine pushing 165hp through AWD and the GT was the top of the line model with all the goodies.

Yep, sounds about right. There was a "Limited" model as well, that came with leather, but I believe that was the main difference with the GT.

This was a post I made a while ago when he first wanted to sell:

Quote from: billzie
My nephew has a 98 or 99 (I can't remember) Subaru Legacy GT AWD 2.5 manual trans. We need to get rid of it to raise funds for his return to college. We're trying to maximize on the price. The car is in nice shape aesthetically in and out, but, we know it has some issues, one big, one questionable, one just a minor pet peave. I'll start with the lesser and work to the big one:

The shifter when in neutral only doesn't automatically center itself, it stays in gear when in gear and it stays in neutral when in neutral, but it has a floppy play to it in neutral, it has never caused any issue and has been this way for as long as he’s had it. Maybe this is normal for these cars?

The ABS system has a glitch, the ABS light stays on most of the time and nothing is wrong, except when the light goes off there is a very noticible pedal pulsation when braking at any speed any condition, no one in our part of the state has the diagnostic plug for Subie ABS, this could be a very minor fix or just drive like it is as it's been like this for as long as he’s had it.

Now the worst. This car had the heat issue, the mechanic wasn't aware about the frequency of this problem with these cars, so there are all newly replaced are the radiator, thermostat, belts, water pump, crank pulley, accesory belts, timing belts, power flushed, and new coolant. The car was never run hot, my nephew is very cautious and pulled over anytime the temp got high, it never outright overheated but did get hot the one time, the mechanic gave up on repairing it and charged him only for parts and refunded the labor, we then researched this problem online and found out about this issue.

The shifter issue is common I’ve found out and it doesn’t cause any problems at all, just not what I’m used to.
The ABS system was scanned and it said it was the DS rear (pretty sure) sensor, so this could be as simple as a wiring thing, or a sensor replaced, at most the sensor is about $120 from the nearest Suby dealer, probably cheaper online for sure.
The head gasket issue is common too I’ve found out and if you’re inclined, this can be repaired for about $300 in parts plus machine shop work if needed.

The tires are all in good shape with lots of tread, fronts are Goodyear Eagle GSA, rears are LeMans HR, all correctly sized and speed rated.
It is wired with a Rockford Fosgate amp wiring kit so adding an amp is a no brainer, and the front speakers have been upgraded with Pioneer 3 ways.

I will post more pics soon

Fellas, this is a killer deal. I'm telling you all I know about it, hiding nothing. If someone wants to b/m about the few interior/exterior dings, or the crap carpet these are all things that have already been taken into consideration and for this kind of money these are things that could be bad with ANY car. If I were selling a perfect car, I'd be asking for a lot more money. And again, this is a OBO listing.
BTW, I just took it for a spin and to get some gas in it. It idled for about ten min and then I drove about 7 miles total, but (and Mr.Charlie can vouch for this) I live at the top of the highest point in my town 1.2 miles up from the flats where the gas is. At times got up to 55 mph when I could. The car never got hot, just above the middle.
I will post more pics soon.

If anyone is serious about it, feel free to email or call me directly.
Thanks for looking, Bill.
billzie

Post by billzie »

Here are some more pics, the rest are at my Photobucket site: http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/billzie/

Thanks, Bill.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”