Car Stalling and Starting Issues

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TruTigerJ08

Car Stalling and Starting Issues

Post by TruTigerJ08 »

Overall i just wanted to get other people idea on this issue. Currently my car is giving me issue with driving like on the freeway and on the road then the next thing i know it just turns off on me. Also sometimes i seen i could drive somewhere come back and the car act like it will not start then like 20minutes later will start. Plus when pressing on the gas the car will spudder for a second and two then take off. More than likely im thinking it the fuel pump or regulator just wanted to get more advice on this issue.

These are the items i have already replaced: distrub., spark plugs/wires, fuel filter.
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

Hmm next time that happens see if it has any spark.
Also are there any error codes ?
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
TruTigerJ08

Post by TruTigerJ08 »

yea there is a spark because this happends off and on. also when the car stalls the engine light comes on although after i turn the car back on the light goes away like nothing is wrong....
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

the check engine light is going to come on no matter what when the car is off.
But no im asking for you to check for spark next time it stalls i say this cause your ignitor module might be bad (There prone for doing stuff kinda like this)
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
TruTigerJ08

Post by TruTigerJ08 »

when im talking about the engine light im talking about when after the car stalls out on me then when i turn it back on the engine comes on but then after i stop another place it will just disappear and go away like nothings wrong. When this happends it doesn't come on anymore unless the car just totally stalls out on me again.

Yea i have checked the spark on the car and seems to be all good just check and they are pretty new plugs too.
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

k when it dies does it just quit, or does it sound like its starving for fuel or something like that ?
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

From things youve told me it sounds like your ignitor is going in and out.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=53706
is a cheap mod to fix this.
mrnhmx3

Post by mrnhmx3 »

this happens to my car also. Wjat works for me is simple-take off the battery connectors and clean them, then connect it again.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”