Horn

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
acespdz

Horn

Post by acespdz »

Hello ppl....

I have a question which seems to be stupid but i need to fix it.. My Horn doesn't work... The fuse and relay are working fine but the horn doesn't work. I think the horn is located somewhere under the headlights but i can't see it and I don't know how to take off the headlight. If anyone can help me out a little that would be great.. Thanks
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Take off the front bumper cover - you will see it under the headlights
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
jricoctg

Post by jricoctg »

finally someone brought this up. what in gods name is up with our horns. ihave the 1.6 L 4 cyl mx-3. and the horn literally sounds like a horn from a little kids bike. are all our horns like that or is mine just broken?
acespdz

Damn

Post by acespdz »

Is taking off the front bumper hard.. I just need to replace the horn it doesn't work.. any easier way to fix this
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

just remove the driver side light, one of the bolts are directly under the headlight and a couple are on the top. Finding the bolt under the light is a pain but it is easier than taking off the bumper cover
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

To take off the entire bumper cover - 2 bolts below the rad support, 2 screws to take off the parking lights, 2 screws behind the parking lights and 1 bolt each in both fenders.

To remove a headlight - 2 bolts on top, 1 bolt on the side, 1 screw to remove parking light, one bolt behind the parking light, unhook headlight connector and lift the assembly and repeat the process for the other light if the horn is not there.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Believe it or not.. there is likely nothing wrong with your horns.. The issue is bad grounding. I had the same problem with my horn when I first got the car.. turns out.. added a ground wire kit to the car and the horn started working again. Maybe clean up the contacts.. and if you want you can jumper wire it directly to the battery to see if it sounds.. but seriously.. how often do horns go bad? Best of luck.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

jricoctg wrote:finally someone brought this up. what in gods name is up with our horns. ihave the 1.6 L 4 cyl mx-3. and the horn literally sounds like a horn from a little kids bike. are all our horns like that or is mine just broken?
yes, I don't like pressing it either :oops:
delpy32

Post by delpy32 »

mine stopped working a lil while ago too...
mine was right behind the pass headlight...i just took out the headlight and found that it worked it way to pinching itself on the inner body...so i just bent the mounting braket and now it works as good as new... the horn cant be touching nothing it it will mess it up...so check and see if it is touching anything...if it is just bend it or do whatever it takes to make it not touch anything...
-peace
1992 mx-3, white, 1.6 sohc, 5 speed, custom: intake, interior and exhaust
Cy

Post by Cy »

scrap the old one...it's garbage even new....

replacement normal horn 30-50bux
2-TONE AIR HORN - 69.99 @ UAP/NAPA :D....my horn's toast 2....i'll be getting that before my inspection in july....

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Well I'm right there with the hornless. Neither of the horns work on my car and I never knew why... I will be looking into that ground kit...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”