Sudden Problem...

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
93mx-3

Sudden Problem...

Post by 93mx-3 »

I have a 93 mazda mx-3 auto. The transmission has been fine, ok shifting. On my was home the tranny was fine, then about a mile from my house it starts reving really high but still moves. i get home and chek the fluids and its a lil bit low. ( no flashing light at this time) so i put more fluid in and nothing changes (still no light flashing) i turn the car off pop the hood, check levels again, then start up the car. Now the light starts to flash, and moves slowly but revs high, reverse works fine. Turn off, then on the engine again, and now the light doesnt flash anymore. When i put the car into hold, starting in first gear, it has no problems when i make it shift.....Whats wrong with the car. i searched and cant find someone with my problem, similiar but not my problem.
Greg
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Take it to a mechanic that you trust. It might just be low on fluid still. With an auto trans you fill it with the car on then shift through the gears with your foot firmly on the brake so the car doesn't move. This gets the fluid to flow into the trans and you will then get an accurate reading. You also need to check the fluid with the car warm (at normal operating temp on the dial in the car).
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

this is what happened to mine when I drove out to new brunswick, canada. Problem was the trans fluid was contaminated with antifreeze.....the tranny was toast.
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
93mx-3

Post by 93mx-3 »

i took it too aamco and they said the clutch went out because the fluid was low. they cahrged 1600$ to fix it, i started up, and it didnt even move, so they messed it up more then it was before. There is a slight antifreeze leak i noticed coming from the bottom around the trans area, but its not a mixed clor, i think its just from the overflow leaking. (hope)

Return to “Transmissions”