Shock Absorbers UK

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
mr-sam

Shock Absorbers UK

Post by mr-sam »

Hi guys,

I need a pair of new rear shocks, but the prices I've been getting have been coming out at over £200 for a pair! Has anyone been able to get them cheaper? What about aftermarket shocks?

Thanks,

Sam 8)
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

yes search the internet for company called Proven Products, got a great deal on my bilstein set and were even cheaper than oem spec. If you get stuck on the search i have their number somewhere so drop us a pm.

Oh they also sell a aftermarket set of rubber covers c/w bump stops which also work out a hell of alot cheaper than mazda ones. As my covers were split when my shocks went down.

Good luck :D
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
mr-sam

Post by mr-sam »

Awesome, got some Bilstein Gas shocks for £49 each! Instead of the £120+ each for Mazda original spec shocks.

http://www.proven-products.co.uk

Sam 8)
Silver 1997 1.8 V6 SE - 17" TSW
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

I remembered the name of the company that makes the universal boots for the shocks its powerflex Im sure?? well proven products will know for sure.
Think you actually got them cheaper than i did :cry: but oh well it was a couple of years ago.
I also installed lowering springs at same time again from same company, might as well go the whole hog and not have to do it again !!.
You should be able to see the difference in height by clicking on my cardomain page click " www ".
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.

Return to “European MX-3 Community”