Chrome Civic Projectors?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
illapino

Chrome Civic Projectors?

Post by illapino »

I've never seen an MX-3 sporting the chrome halo projectors. everyone who's done the conversion have used the black housings instead. is there a reason for this? i was thinking that it was because it doesn't line up perfectly to our front anyway, so that's why black is preferred so it's not as noticeable. ?

i plan to get these ones above on ebay if this is the case. no yellow blinkers on the very sides is a good thing right? i noticed that ppl don't get ones with yellow side blinkers or more than 3 lights inside either. there was one guy on cardomain that said that the projectors with the two extra small lights on the sides (for a total of four i think) were a biatch to install. wouldn't they be the same dimesnions as the three-light ones?? let me know. thanks

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

probably because you have to cut part of it, so the chrome isnt really chrome, is like a paint type stuff that if you cut will flake off, where the black if it peels slightly or anything you can just sand it down and repaint :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ive donje a set, it didnt flake off. the chrome is actually thick paint. Of course id you over do it it will. But the paint is actually thivk and it has some primer in there. I think i have some pics. Ill look around. I can make you a set if u want.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
momomx3v6

Post by momomx3v6 »

the problem with the chrome lights is that you very good can see that the shape of the lights is not right!

by the black lights you almost didn't see that
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm i still prefer black.. however i was thinking of making a set and color matching them to the car color. I wonder how that would look.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

Here are some pics of the Chrome lights on my car.

Eventually I will be painting the housing blue to match the car, like I did with the taillights. I like them as they are to though.
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

illapino

Post by illapino »

for chrome projectors, very nice!
did you cut your car, the lenses, or the housings?

Return to “Appearance”