[FS] KL31 Camshafts

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Not really, it just changes the powerband, it'll bring up your max power outputs higher in the RPM's. Like the torque, on the KL01's the max torque peaks around 4500rpms, while the KL31's around 5800.

The only people that can surely give a perspective on them would be people who have changed the cams in their cars. Even if I go for a drive, in say, Kp2t's KL31 KLZE to see what it's like, It won't work because his car's setup is different (intake, exhaust, etc) is different, that also affects the car's power output, so there's no way to tell what gains were from the cams, and other things. To be honest, I was looking at getting KL31 for a while now up until recently. I used to drag race (legally) alot but I was curious that the cams, along with other things, we're giving me such higher times until I did my first autocross 2 weeks ago. I was always spinning my tires. There was onle 1 or 2 sections (on straights) I needed to shift into 3rd, but comin out of corners and accelerating, I was constantly spinning my tires. It was great, come out of one corner, I was basically doing a burnout, I had a trail of blue tire smoke for a good 1/3 of the straight. Man I wish I had a video camera. My guess is that because of my 01 cams, my torque is low low-rpm pickups. I'd still like to try KL31's, but I dont wanna loose that, cause AutoX is way more fun than dragging. :)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
SloGsr

Post by SloGsr »

you brink up some good points. deffiently intresting. thanks for the insite
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

i've never autocrossed, but mike be right.... its doubtful that 01 cams are that signifigant of a difference, but I do feel I get the extra power over 5100 but I thought that was due to VRIS
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”