[FS] Lambo Hinges SOLD

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
havoc13

[FS] Lambo Hinges SOLD

Post by havoc13 »

I have no use for them anymore because i dont have a mx3 they work good the only downfall is that prospectmx3 never sent me the 2nd strut so i only have one for the hinges but i m still looking for $600 that i paid for them thats or best offer too i will be away this week (905) 420-0237
Last edited by havoc13 on September 6th, 2006, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always under construction
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

So what is the deal? Do these hinges require welding and cutting as well or are the the modified ones that require nothing?
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

if they are the modified ones, I will most likely buy them if everyone can help me out, I will then get them blueprinted and well DUPLICATED cheap for everyone that wants them.... I refuse to buy universal hinges that can be made to fit the mx though
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
shawno

Post by shawno »

Hey prospect is my friend and he sent the 2nd shock to you because those lambo hinges are shea browns. and i bought them and they didnt work on my car at all i had to do tons and tons of cutting and welding. and the shocks i had for them were almost 200 bucks a piece. I got ripped on huge.
92 GS KL-ZE, millenia intake, 5 Speed, Custom eyelids, custom molded 98 Toyota supra tail lights, Lowered, lambo doors. Still under construction, And more to come
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

well i m not going to argue with u but they worked perfectly for me i would like the whole $600 for them but i just want them out of my sight there is no welding require a little pushing in on the inner part of the fender so it lays flat on the body u can add me on msn if anyones interested mine was the green mx3 that had them on them so marshmallow1@hotmail.com i m more willing to take less for them if they are taken off my hands soon
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

somebody buy them, and then lend them to mee for a week before you put them on, then affordable hinges will be available to everyone!

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Bochek wrote:somebody buy them, and then lend them to mee for a week before you put them on, then affordable hinges will be available to everyone!
Bochek
Slow down Adam, wait for it.

LooseChangeRacing wrote:if they are the modified ones, I will most likely buy them if everyone can help me out, I will then get them blueprinted and well DUPLICATED cheap for everyone that wants them.... I refuse to buy universal hinges that can be made to fit the mx though
Like shawno said, they're Shea Browns products. Before you get all wetover these, it's best to do a little..... better make that a lot of research an these. Try a search for the name Shea Brown and you'll see my name pop up in there a few times. I beleive these to be originally universal ones that may have had a bit of modification but still require heaps of work (cutting, banging, bending etc) to get a professional job done. Sure one can just slap it one there, if Ghetto is the image you're striving for. This is not a quality product as Shawno can attest to. Best to research this before hand. Perhaps the blueprinting process can actually improve upon or remove some structural defficiencies with these.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

john i take offense to that because in my opinion me and colin did a pretty good job putting mine on! We are definetly not pros! Its pretty easy its just time consuming! I have been getting alot of people telling me to take pics of them what do u want pics of the hinges ? or them on my car?
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

john i take offense to that because in my opinion me and colin did a pretty good job putting mine on! We are definetly not pros! Its pretty easy its just time consuming! I have been getting alot of people telling me to take pics of them what do u want pics of the hinges ? or them on my car?
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

havoc13 wrote:have been getting alot of people telling me to take pics of them what do u want pics of the hinges ? or them on my car?
can you please send me pics of the hinges? also if you have them, pics of the hinges installed on the car with the fender removed.

my email adddress is admin@bochek.ca

Just a rough idea on how the mechanisims are layed out to fit under our fenders would be all i need to design the hinges (in cad) and make a set.

Thanks,
Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

is this the single or dual shock design?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

havoc13 wrote:john i take offense to that because in my opinion me and colin did a pretty good job putting mine on! We are definetly not pros! Its pretty easy its just time consuming! I have been getting alot of people telling me to take pics of them what do u want pics of the hinges ? or them on my car?
Sorry, never intended to be offensive. By finding the threads I previously mentioned, you'll find from where I derive my perspective. To see these get passed on from one member to another appearing to be a hot potato, concerns me. If it was such a great product to begin with, I believe it wouldn't be getting passed around as much as it appears to be. There are/were serious issues with the Shea Brown hinges. These were never originally designed or built for the MX3. I know it can be a little disheartening or perhaps a little embarrassing to have an expensive product like this and not have it live up to expectations. If it did, I don't think it would have passed through so many hands in such a short time as it has already. I'm sure that they will find a fine home for themselves eventually. I would not like to see a potential problem arise from these as I believe may have been the case as found in the Feedback Forum.
Again, no offence intended. Just like to have all the facts out in the open for the benefit of the membership. That's all, cheers,

John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

jschrauwen wrote:These were never originally designed or built for the MX3. [/color]
sorry john, but that's not exactly true. i was the first ever to actually show interest in these back in october of 2004 when he first put them on eBay for $450 for the set including the shocks. he later upped the price to $600 without the shocks.

i have 6 or 7 emails that i have kept from our conversation if anyone want to read them. basically, the guy was an idiot and that's why i didn't buy them. they were however custom made for the mx-3, but you need to grind under the fender and he told me that. the shocks were rated for 150lb and that's all he knew about them other than the part number that he never gave me. here's two pics i have from him that are his hinges.

kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ovendenk wrote:
jschrauwen wrote:These were never originally designed or built for the MX3. [/color]
sorry john, but that's not exactly true. i was the first ever to actually show interest in these back in october of 2004 when he first put them on eBay for $450 for the set including the shocks. he later upped the price to $600 without the shocks.

i have 6 or 7 emails that i have kept from our conversation if anyone want to read them. basically, the guy was an idiot and that's why i didn't buy them. they were however custom made for the mx-3, but you need to grind under the fender and he told me that. the shocks were rated for 150lb and that's all he knew about them other than the part number that he never gave me. here's two pics i have from him that are his hinges.

Can you email me the pics? I HAVE the CAD files for the single shock design and they ARE designed to work for the MX3. The assembly drawings shea gave me arent worth a sh*t and the only thing holding me back from producing these is GOOD pictures of them assembled. IF someone could send me GOOD pictures OR a set of completed hinges so I could see the finished product I would PRODUCE these and sell them for less than 600 a set.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

PS I have in my possesion a set already laser cut out just WAITING to be put together.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”