Any Ideas where I can find a KL31 ECU in the UK? and cost?

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
daryl

Any Ideas where I can find a KL31 ECU in the UK? and cost?

Post by daryl »

Any Ideas where I can find a KL31 ECU in the UK?

And how much do they go for?

I tried Nippon but they have not got any in.
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

ebay mate, look for mazda eunos 2.5 v6 9 for breaking, i paid £120 for mine. It will be sold soon as im taking it out and installing standalone megasquirt engine management system. Unfortunately ive already got a buyer for my KL36 ecu. ( you can use either kl31 or kl36 doesnt matter unless you have a auto, where you can only use kl36 ).

or failing that you can get one shipped from either the u.s,japan, for about £150 all in. again from ebay.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
daryl

What are the advantages of running a megasquirt

Post by daryl »

What are the advantages of running a megasquirt over using the KL31,
from my understanding the KL31 ECU should be more than capable of adapting itself to cope with minor mods. I thought it was only necessery to remap or go standalone if you were doing something bigger, like using more agressive cams.

I guess being able to get the alter fuelmap would be cool. Thinking about it, it would be worth doing just for the fun of it.

Where are you buying yours from?
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

im using it for the simple reason of bhp, and the fact that every little helps ( about 10bhp ).

the kl31 and 36 are more than capable of running the ze. I just want to keep pushing the ze bhp as far as possible without forced induction.....well for now!!.

mine will be purchased through mx6.com via radar or fastestpgt. about £350 plug and play. Which is what a piggy back dastek unichip goes for anyway but theres more to tune with the megasquirt.

although i stand to get back about £100 form my ecu so £250 i can live with :D
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

It's not worth the money. Check on ProbeTalk.com in the Bulk Buy section for Probinator1's chip bulk buy. He can give you a KL31 EPROM chip with whatever VRIS points you need for your intake manifold. It's $50 for the chip. I'm sure he'd be willing to ship it to UK for you. If he can fit it in the small US Postal Global Priority envelope, I think shipping is only like $10 for less than a week delivery time.

You will just need to get the chip soldered into your existing circuitboard. Elecronics repair shop should be able to handle it for you.
daryl

Has anyone else used these EPROM swaps?

Post by daryl »

Has anyone else used these EPROM swaps?
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

i brought one originally off probinator to convert my k8 ecu into a kl31, delimited and altered fuel curves,
chip arrived, got it soldered in, but it wasnt programmed properly so it didnt run right. I did get a full refund, and probinator was very helpful.
I couldnt be bothered to get another chip soldered in so i never ordered a replacement.

but from what i hear they are good, but you still cant alter them to suit you modifications, which is why i want the megasquirt or piggy back ecu system.
Atleast if i decide to go forced induction in the future the management will be there for it, to ensure it is tuned to full potential.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Probinator won't sell K8 EPROM for KL ECU or a KL EPROM for a K8 ECU anymore because there are some issues. If you want to be safe, you can have him just ship you an ECU with the EPROM already installed and have him test it before shipping it out. I think he charges $50 core if he needs to supply the ECU. Shouldn't cost more than $125 US shipped from him. With the strong British Pound, that should turn out to be like $80 UK.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

If your still looking for the KL31 ECU speak to Tommy D as he will be selling his quite soon.

Return to “European MX-3 Community”