Testing the waters, wanted MX-3

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
thecause17

Testing the waters, wanted MX-3

Post by thecause17 »

Hey everybody, like my sig says, I'm in search of a project car, and I've been reading up on teh MX-3's as well as several other cars. My list so far is:<BR>MX-3<BR>'89-'93 Miata<BR>NX 2000<BR>MX-6 GT(first gen)<BR>1st gen DSM<BR>CRX<P>Anyways, to get to the point, I wann see what's out there for sale. I'm looking for an MX-3, miles dont' really matter, and I'd actually prefer the 1.6, since if I get one, I plan 4cyl motor swap of some type. But if you have a 1.8, sayso, like I said, I wanna see what's out there and what everything is selling for. Pics are a plus. <P>A few of you may know me from Probetalk, since I owned a Probe GT for a few years. Since I got rid of it and bought a truck, there is a whole I need to fill with aproject car to bring my driving enjoyment back to what it used to be. The truck just doesnt' cut it for all out fun when driving.
'99 Ranger XLT Offroad 4.0 4x4
whitetomato

Re: Testing the waters, wanted MX-3

Post by whitetomato »

I have a red 1995 MX-3 with about 150,000 miles on it. The only major repair was when the timing belt went up. Needs a paint job because the Florida sun basically melted my clear cut and it started peeling off! It's pretty much loaded with everything that came stock and I have done nothing in the way of high performance upgrade. I wasn't thinking of selling it till I saw your post so give me what you think is a reasonable price and I'll talk to the wife. Will send pictures ASAP.
thecause17

Post by thecause17 »

Yeah, send pics to opiv16@hotmail.com Any more details on the car? GS, RS, 1.8, 1.6, etc...5-speed, auto? <P>I'm interested, but it might be a while before I can buy. Like I said, I'm jsu tlooking at the moment, and I'm currently still making payments on this truck I have.
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

I've seen one sitting next to a used car lot here in Indiana for about 3-4 months. I haven't taken a real close look, but it seems to be in fairly decent shape. If I was gonna make a guess, I think it's a 92 SOHC 4 banger - red. Looks to be all stock, and just by the fact that it's been sitting next to this car lot - like they don't know what to do with it- I bet they would get rid of it cheap (if it's theirs). I was considering getting it myself as a project car, but I have to many projects on the board as it is. I'd be happy to try and find out more about it if you like.
chrism

Post by chrism »

i got a 93 gs 5spd for sale. it is red runs great. all stock except for ingiglo gauges. hit me up i am going to get rid of it cheap. oh and yeah i do have pics also.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

NX 2000s are crap! sorry, if you're looking for a project car, that definitly would NOT be the way to go. i'd go with the 1st gen DSM (if it's turboed) the CRX, or the MX3.
thecause17

Post by thecause17 »

chrism, shoot me a pm, and we can talk about it.<P>And paragon, who asked you? Every review I've read about them has compared them to the MX-3, and it has beaten the MX-3 every time. Not to mention, turboing their 2.0 is easy, and you can also swap in the SR20DET from teh silvia. They're a great project car, but are very hard to find and aren't cheap. What do you base your opinion on?<P><BR>And as you can see, I've chposen the MX-3 anyway, jsut because I'm a Mazda fan at heart, and I like how they look better. If I was goin for somthign to make extremely fast, it wouldn't be the MX-3, not when there's a 260hp Silvia motor able to be swapped to the NX.<p>[ October 29, 2002: Message edited by: thecause17 ]
valkyire

Post by valkyire »

i have a 92 gs 5spd for sale
jrw1621

Post by jrw1621 »

I have had a Miata for the past 9 yrs. I love it and will never get rid of it, but...If this is going to be your only car, the are very small and would be tough to rely on as your only car.<P>'85-'89 MR2 have more storage room than the Miata. I bought one last year. Great car. You can research them at <A HREF="http://www.mr2faq.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mr2faq.com</A> The message board has a For Sale section.<P>I have always liked the MX-3 and they seem underated. Seem like they can be purchased at a good price.<P>I like the looks of the NX2000 over the MX-3. They have a great stock motor with a timing chain, rather that belt. Rare and hard to find. The original Sentra SE-R ('91-'94 square back, not '95+ fast back) is a good choice and has the same engine.<P>Unfortunatly good CRX's are priced way to high for what you get, but I would love to have one.<P>Lots of DSM's out there.<P>I was suprised you did not list the Nissan 240sx. I have had one for some time and its been a great car. It is For Sale. See it in pics below<P>John <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/jrw1621" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/jrw1621</A>
thecause17

Post by thecause17 »

Thanks for the info. And no, it woudlnt' be my only car. I'mkeeping the truck and gettin something as a project/summer car. <P>I've considered the 240SX, although I don't liek their looks as much as the others listed.<P>I came across a hell of a deal on one local too. $250 for an '89 with nothing wrong with it but a blown head gasket. It had just been sold when I called about it. :(
valkyire

Post by valkyire »

as i said before, i've got a 92 gs for sale if your interested..

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”