heater system question

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
wagZE

heater system question

Post by wagZE »

so my car engine bay went up in flames a while back and to put it out the fire department sprayed it all with a fire extinguisher a bunch. i re wired it all and cleaned everything... so the car works now and when i turn my heater or a/c on it blows fire extinguisher dust everywhere. SO my question is how do i clean out my heater system?
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

o wow i tought i was the only one who had rewired everything.. to clean it up i guess you have to take out the blower fan under the passenger side dash. Clean the ducts and so... i thinm thats all u gotta do.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'd take the blower and selector (the part that chooses which vents get air) out and take each vent cover off (the piece where you select which direction the vent blows). Then run a coat hanger down each vent and when it comes out at the blower attach a rag to it. Then pull it back through. Do this a few times and make sure you have enough rag that it gets all sides of the vent tubing. It is going to be a biotch to get the windshied vent, but with some careful work you should be able to get it without scratching the window or dash.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

Compressed air is all you need

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”